Metal Gods Tour... in the USA

Brainkisser

Master of War
Feb 21, 2003
NJ, USA
www.monmouth.com
From www.digitalmetal.com:

NEW YORK - Rob Halford will headline the spring's heaviest U.S. tour, The 2003 Metal Gods Tour. The exclusively Metal tour will be a multi-band package featuring Rob's blazing quintet Halford, co-headliners Testament, Immortal, Symphony X, Dark Tranquility, Amon Amarth, Carnal Forge and more.

The 2003 Metal Gods Tour is set to kick off April 25 in Chicago, and will wrap up on the west coast by mid-June. This will be Rob's first full-length tour of North America in nearly three years.

Brainkisser said:
From http://www.digitalmetal.com:

NEW YORK - Rob Halford will headline the spring's heaviest U.S. tour, The 2003 Metal Gods Tour. The exclusively Metal tour will be a multi-band package featuring Rob's blazing quintet Halford, co-headliners Testament, Immortal, Symphony X, Dark Tranquility, Amon Amarth, Carnal Forge and more.

The 2003 Metal Gods Tour is set to kick off April 25 in Chicago, and will wrap up on the west coast by mid-June. This will be Rob's first full-length tour of North America in nearly three years.

Holy shit that is an action packed tour full of good bands!! Immortal was incredible live on their least run here...Can't wait to see Dark T again!:headbang:

Night said:
Damn it is unfair, you americans get all the shows this year

After nearly an entire DECADE of getting NO SHOWS at all, I don't think it's unfair in the least; it's about time the best European (and American) bands began touring in the largest market in the world. Kudos to the bookers & promoters that have been peppering us with quality tour lineups.

Belgar said:
After tonight's show in Tpa, we spoke with Johan and he said don't worry we will be back in 2 or 3 months for another tour. He would not say who they were touring with ...... I guess we have our answer now.

Hi, I thought you would like to know that the quote in your signatur isn'r correct. The word should be Skona, not Sknona.

I just read this myself today...how cool to be able to see Amon Amarth TWICE this year :yow: . I agree with Markgugs, America has gotten the shaft for a LONG time...I have welcomed these shows here with open arms.

YEAH!!!!! WE GOT THE BIG SHAFT FOR SO LONG!!!!
hell yeah!! im gonna see AA play again!!!!!!! fuck yeah!! this time ill be prepared with money for all the merch!!!!!! yayyy!!! i hope i dont have to pay rob halford a shit load of money for the show!! and the others! but it would be worth it!
any word on any tour dates yet or anything?

WOW!
this is cause for much gladness, we should all have a giant mead hall style feast to celebrate its coming. wooo beer horns.

LMFAO!!! Now this is the funniest shit i have ever heard!!! AMERICANS GETTING SHAFTED HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! LMFAO!!!!! AHHAAHAH!!

U TRY LIVING IN AUSTRALIA!!!!!!!!!!! The Haunted came here on Friday and i dont really like them but thats the first decent band to play in australia since fuck!!! BOLT THROWER in 1993

Americans do get shafted on tours... Australia just gets utterly ignored.

But yeah, I think this is just about the best tour I'll ever see, Hails to Halford for not being a mainstream cocksmoker (EDIT: Well, atleast not Mainstream... I can't believe I let that slip) the guy knows how to put a fucking tour together.

:Smokin: ALL FUCKING DAY MAN, IM OFF FROM SCHOOL, ITS SMOKEOUT TIME... thinking about making some BBQ shit too :) Gooday to all, try and keep your woodies down from this GODLY tour.

btw: line up now-

Halford
Testament
Dark Tranquillity
Amon Amarth
Immortal
Carnal Forge
Pain Museum (Side project of some of the halford guys apparently, Symphony X dropped off the tour, wonder if its because their stuck up prog pussies that wont play with Death & Black metal bands... if thats the reason, fuck those cocksmokers, I like their music, but fuck people like that)

Their shows here in CA were fucking amazing, both nights Corona, and Hollywood!!!!!

Vehemence crushed the stage with their intense sound...The sound was better at the HOUSE of BLUES here in Hollywood due to sound techs that actually knew what they were doing....

Revenge was alright, not really my favorite style of Metal, but they have obvious talent!!

Behemoth was absolutely wonderful!! They put on a great live show...

Amon Amarth was great both nights!!!! The HOB stage had a lot more room for these huge guys which made it more comfortable for everyone!! These guys are some of the coolest people I have hung out with on tour for sure!! I got stuck doing Merchandise for half the night so I had a good chance to chat with Johan Hegg and Fredrik Amdersson so a while...Awesome guys!!!

I got shitloads of pictures as well...so I will post when those are up!

CHEERS