Gods Of Metal Tour 2003

pest666

Oct 15, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
from Blabber:

THE 2003 METAL GODS TOUR: Lineup Announced! - Mar. 14, 2003
Former JUDAS PRIEST frontman Rob Halford's forthcoming U.S. tour, The 2003 Metal Gods Tour, will be a multi-band package featuring Rob's blazing quintet HALFORD, co-headliners TESTAMENT, IMMORTAL, SYMPHONY X, DARK TRANQUILITY, AMON AMARTH, CARNAL FORGE and more.

The 2003 Metal Gods Tour is set to kick off April 25 in Chicago, and will wrap up on the west coast by mid-June. This will be Rob's first full-length tour of North America in nearly three years.

"The tour is quite remarkable," Halford said. "Over the last decade, hard rock and heavy metal have fragmented into all these unique sub-genres, so we felt it would be ideal to put some of the best metal bands from the various genres together on the road. Today's Gods of Metal, if you will.”

The Metal Gods Tour will feature U.S. Bay Area thrash metal kings TESTAMENT. Also, New York-based progressive metal act SYMPHONY X. Rob Halford has often professed his affinity for bands of a darker nature, so the inclusion of black and death metal bands were an obvious way to round out a lineup.

Norway's black metal kings IMMORTAL are sensational, with their current release sitting solidly as the best in the genre. And it's no coincidence that three acts from Sweden have been asked to take part in the unique tour, as DARK TRANQUILLITY, AMON AMARTH and CARNAL FORGE are among the best from this Scandinavian hotbed of metal.

"It will be enjoyable to watch Metal fans of all types mix together with their enormous enthusiasm," said Halford. "Often fans of death and black metal bands won't go see some of the other acts co-headlining The Metal Gods and vice versa. We're accomplishing a lot together. I'm certain the bands are going to enjoy themselves as we roll around the U.S. and Canada, so the fans are certainly going to experience the best each act has to give. When done, the tour will be remembered as something rare."

The Metal Gods will take nothing for granted. They'll move briefly around the Midwest and then into Canada by early May. The Metal Gods will then visit the Northeast section of the U.S. and head down the coast into Florida and across Texas, hitting many western U.S. cities before surveying the landscape.

Tour dates, ticket and band information, etc. will be available shortly. Doors will open approximately 5 p.m. with performances beginning at 6 p.m. All venue times and band on-stage times will be available online just prior to the commencement of the tour.

Very interesting....

Do you guys know the Portland date yet? Are they coming right off the Euro tour and doing the GoM tour, or will Death Angel do the first couple of shows?

dates?...dates?.....now....I need them now......

If all goes well, I should be seeing Symphony X @ the Palladium tomorrow night with 7 Witches. I doubt it tho....I need a car/ride.....

By the by...aren't Symphony X from New Jersey?? It says New York but I'm pretty freakin' certain it's New Jersey with singer Russell Allen hailing originally from LA, Cali.

well, first things first, FUCK YEA! secondly, im disappointed that testament is not headlining this, simply because they alone are THE GODS OF METAL. if it were up to me halford would not be on this tour. i left after testament played at both of the shows i went to on this last tour, and i guess ill have to do it again. but other then that im FUCKING STOKED!!!! :headbang::Smokin::devil: immortal will kick ass, as well as dark tranquility. i cant fucking wait to see testament again tho. i know ill be buying tix the day they go on sale.

In my opinion, both Dark Tranquility & Amon Amarth, are great bands that I look forward to seeing. Their new albums rule my CD player, two of my favorite releases in the last year.
And as for Carnal Forge, I just got their new CD....Please.......Die,
and it also is very good, not as strong as the fore mentioned. But a very good opening band none the least. As for Symphony X, never heard their music, but have heard of them. And Immortal I've never seen, or got into them, but I hear their new album is real good, and they are pretty big in Europe. Sounds like a very strong & diverse line-up to me, something for everyone............

w00tness....severe w00tness...if they are coming from Canada and going to Florida then they gotta be stoppin in Philly....o helllll yes....Philly would def. welcome the Metal Gods, especially those like TestAmenT who havent been around the east coast lately to perform

midlife crisis said:
Halford/Testament/Symphony X are the ONLY good bands on this tour. The rest is a LOAD OF CRAP.

Hey, gimme some of the stuff you're smoking. Seems to be really strong shit.

And I just hope they do a date in Calgary. Would be really great. And I am sure a good number of people would be interested in seeing a show with that line-up since we hardly ever get a good metal show.