THE 2003 METAL GODS TOUR: Lineup Announced!

dredd_hedd

changed by the shock
Nov 18, 2001
Visit site
Awesome news I just heard from BM!!!
Check it out:
"Former JUDAS PRIEST frontman Rob Halford's forthcoming U.S. tour, The 2003 Metal Gods Tour, will be a multi-band package featuring Rob's blazing quintet HALFORD, co-headliners TESTAMENT, IMMORTAL, SYMPHONY X, DARK TRANQUILITY, AMON AMARTH, CARNAL FORGE and more.

The 2003 Metal Gods Tour is set to kick off April 25 in Chicago, and will wrap up on the west coast by mid-June. This will be Rob's first full-length tour of North America in nearly three years.

"The tour is quite remarkable," Halford said. "Over the last decade, hard rock and heavy metal have fragmented into all these unique sub-genres, so we felt it would be ideal to put some of the best metal bands from the various genres together on the road. Today's Gods of Metal, if you will.”

The Metal Gods Tour will feature U.S. Bay Area thrash metal kings TESTAMENT. Also, New York-based progressive metal act SYMPHONY X. Rob Halford has often professed his affinity for bands of a darker nature, so the inclusion of black and death metal bands were an obvious way to round out a lineup.

Norway's black metal kings IMMORTAL are sensational, with their current release sitting solidly as the best in the genre. And it's no coincidence that three acts from Sweden have been asked to take part in the unique tour, as DARK TRANQUILLITY, AMON AMARTH and CARNAL FORGE are among the best from this Scandinavian hotbed of metal."

That is the coolest news I've heard all week!

Have the dates been announced yet? I also need to see the ticket price, because I would pay a lot to see that, I might not have $65 for a ticket. Hopefully it will cost less. Also, does anyone know what type of venues they will play? I'm too tired to look this up now.

Steve

Time to scrap together what little money I have left for this tour. :)

Tranquillian said:
I'd pay a lot to see that package. A lot. How about taking me with you as handluggage, DT guys?

If you are going to be counted as handluggage, I shall be put to Stanne's pocket. :D

Well, actually DT and Amon Amarth are the only bands of the list I really would like to see, so I'm not so desperate...

-Villain

I hope D.T. gets more than 20-25 minutes of playtime this time.

KICK-ASS! what an excellent line-up! :D
i'd still like to see DT do a headline show sometime though. hey! wouldn't it RULE if they were to get here a little bit early and do a small club show somewhere nearby? *hint hint* :D