Best Goddamn Tour Of The Year!!!

TO ALL EUROPEANS:

Trust me, America doesn't get NEARLY the amount of venues that you do. I'm American living in Italy, and believe me, I've never seen so many shows in all my life since I've been here. Europe is pretty small, and it's not a big deal to take a train 4-8 hours away for a show, and then hop back on and get back home. In America, IF THE BAND EVEN COMES NEAR YOUR STATE, MUCH LESS YOUR CITY, you have very little to choose from. Sure, Metallica/Limp Bizkit/Linkin Park come to all the big arenas, but WHO THE FUCK GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THOSE PUSSIES? You guys get ALL the best metal, and they play ALL THE TIME, EVERYWHERE IN EUROPE. We Americans have to wait for about ONCE A YEAR, SOMETIMES TWO YEARS to see big festivals like Day at the Border or Gods of Metal that I just went to in Milan. I'm 24 years old, and I've NEVER been to a show as huge as that one. I've seen lots of bands, but they usually play for 2 to 3 hours, including the warm up bands, and then the show's over. We don't have festivals like Wacken, Day at the Border, Roskilde, etc. We have shitty bands playing arenas. Look at it this way:

America is fucking huge. I used to live around New Orleans, and only if I'm lucky would a band that was halfway decent from overseas come to N.O. Usually they stop in the big cities: Dallas, New York, L.A., San Fran, Atlanta, Baltimore, etc. But even if they DO play in New Orleans, THEY'D ONLY SHOW ABOUT ONCE A YEAR. Meanwhile, the Italians around here see Lacuna Coil play year-round. Anathema and Antimatter play all over Europe all the time. All the Scandinavian bands are on tour throughout Europe all the time, and the only way that they would come to the U.S. is if they have a U.S. road crew and manager. Even when they DO come to the U.S. we usually have to drive halfway across the fucking country just to see the concert. Do you realize how big America is? Do you know that it took me an entire day to cross the state of Texas? It takes nearly an entire work week to get from Florida to California. We don't have a kickass transportation system like Europe does. I can take a train to Germany for about 50-100 Euro. In America, it's either drive everywhere or fucking fly. There are trains, but nothing like the ones here. The only festivals America has is the March Metal Meltdown and the Milwaukee Metalfest. There are a few more that pop up here and there, but those are the big ones. Europe is so far ahead of America as far as venues go. I can literally go to a concert to see all the bands I love every week if I wanted, and if I had the time. I never wanna leave this place.

Too bad that Metal Gods tour had to be cut short. I was able to see the final show at BB Kings in New York on Saturday May 3. The finalline upended up being Pain Museum, Carnal Forge, Amon Amarth, Primal Fear, Immortal, Testament and Halford. It was a great show and if they didnt run into problems it could have went down as one of the greatest metal tours ever.

Don't know if it is worth mentioning with all this Europe-America touring thing BUT... I have never been to America and I am going this August as a member of The Prophecy who are a part of the DOomination tour. Never heard of it? I'm not surprised...I'm just wondering what sort of reaction we should expect as a European band in the States. Will people care more or just the same that we've virtually ruined ourselves to come their for a month or not? I don't care because Im going to play in the Land of the Free and yadda yadda...but I just wondered... :)

Ben_t said:
see the post just before...

damn i think it'll be my last attempt at making a joke...doesnt seem to work.
No, it was a good try! Don't let it get you down! Here was your mistake; Use of the wrong smiley.
These combos would have worked better....
:Smug::lol:
or
:tickled: :ill:
or
loco.gif

That way people won't take it seriously!
Have a nice day, fella:)

I'm going on the summer sanitarium tour, seein' them in Philly-poos. I'm only going to see mudvayne though, i'm just gonna have to suffer through the rest of the shit there.