WHOA!!!!!!!!! Beyond the Embrace

Sinister Minister

Death Metal Holocaust
Jan 3, 2003
Visit site
wow these guys are fucking great! although they aren't too original they make me bang my head.........they sound a lot like Soilwork and remind me a little of the new Shadow's Fall:headbang:

man, I heard these guys years ago. I found their webpage when they had really bad mp3s they made themselves.

One day i decided to check out their page again and to my surprise they had been signed to Metal Blade and was about to release a great album.

I like Beyond the Embrace a bunch!

Man, I'm glad some people somewhere have found this band.

Easily one of the most underrated, and easily one of the best new bands on the scene. The best way I can come up with to describe them is as follows: take mid-80s Bay Area thrash/punk sensibilities (think Metallica/Megadeth), add an ample dose of 1988 Iron Maiden (with 3 lead guitars), top it all off with 1995 Gothenburg melodic death metal. Their debut album is catchy as hell, extremely aggressive, and very consistent. I rated it a 9.8/10 and the 8th best album of 2002. All IMO of course, but I'd suggest them to anyone who's bored of melodic death and is dying for someone to make them interested in the style again.