Whoring out?

FathomsPassesGas

New Metal Member
Feb 21, 2012
Seriously, does anyone have some real advice on getting a good online ground swell for your band with out completely whoring ourselves out and annoying half the people we know?

Facebook and Bandcamp pages are nice. Put videos on youtube and be sure you tag well. Also, join forums and post on them with a link to your band in your sig or something. Maybe make a topic if the forum has a designated area for it.

From my experience, people will find you. I've sold copies of our demo to people in Sweden, Norway, Greece, and Denmark. Almost all of them just stumbled upon us or heard about us somehow.

Facebook and Bandcamp pages are nice. Put videos on youtube and be sure you tag well. Also, join forums and post on them with a link to your band in your sig or something. Maybe make a topic if the forum has a designated area for it.

From my experience, people will find you. I've sold copies of our demo to people in Sweden, Norway, Greece, and Denmark. Almost all of them just stumbled upon us or heard about us somehow.

I have only been doing smartphone things as of late since my pc broke recently. Can't do awhole lot of promo even though smartphone tech is pretty crazy. Our newer shit is pretty insane, but probably gonna put some live footage up sometime soon.