Who's Going To The Milwaukee Show (5/21)?!?!?

wankerness

Dec 3, 2002
Seattle
Visit site
Anyone? I'm praying that there won't be legions of "sk8r boiz" wearing atreyu shirts and screaming "death metal" and starting mosh pits...does anyone have any idea what the crowds in milwaukee are like for shows like this?

Mr. Niel said:
Scared of mosh pits? Then don't go to concerts. Or stand in the back.

Ha, I'm not scared of mosh pits, I just have heard reports of dumbass hardcore kids trying to start mosh pits during the acoustic sections and screaming loud during them cause they're bored. I'd rather have moshing match the music...

I'll be coming up from Chicago. I don't know about the crowds in Milwaukee, but when Opeth was here in Chicago there wasn't many idiots. There were quite a few dumb ass poser skater kids there though. It was bearable.

Hey Matt, do you play bass or sing/growl? Check out the site in my sig if you do. We need a bassist and a vocalist.

I'll be there- as far as how the crowds are up here, for the most part very normal. Some moshing I'm sure, but the last time I saw Opeth when they toured w/ Nevermore most seemed to be there for Opeth. They just sang along and did a little moshing. Granted that was at a dive bar and there wasn't really room to move. That was my first taste of them and that is what got me hooked actually.

I would be very suprised to see Sk8r boi's there, I never knew that they liked Opeth.

But for the most part crowds up here are decent, hopefully no dicks will show up, although we do have a few of them that seem to want to ruin everyone elses time.
See you all there- looking forward to Lacuna

Can anyone confirm the setlist for this show? My memory needs jogging. (Security wouldn't let my pen through; I never thought to hide it because I've never had pens screened at the gate.)

1. Leper Affinity, The
2. Advent
3. Deliverance
4. Godhead's Lament
5. Drapery Falls, The
6. Credence
7. Fair Judgement, A
8. Demon of the Fall

BTW, what did everyoen think of Beyond The Embrace? It was kinda nice to three guitars playing three distinct things simultaneously, but overall they're not really my cup-o-tea.

You're right on. That was the set, pretty amazing to listen to it live. It was great! BTE was ok, hard to really hear them. I thought the three guitarists may have been too much. I guess I'll have to listen to them first.

Matt

ryanb said:
Can anyone confirm the setlist for this show? My memory needs jogging. (Security wouldn't let my pen through; I never thought to hide it because I've never had pens screened at the gate.)

1. Leper Affinity, The
2. Advent
3. Deliverance
4. Godhead's Lament
5. Drapery Falls, The
6. Credence
7. Fair Judgement, A
8. Demon of the Fall

BTW, what did everyoen think of Beyond The Embrace? It was kinda nice to three guitars playing three distinct things simultaneously, but overall they're not really my cup-o-tea.