WHO'S GOING TO WACKEN?! Important***

Maths is my worst subject. I never liked it and I never found it interesting. It's good to hear that you and Konrad are otherwise well.

You two aren't going to Wacken this year, then? Any other festivals in mind?

Probably not. I find festivals are more and more a pain in the ass without a car (yes, Im getting old and comfy) so unles we can get a car I dont think we're going to any festivals. Dark Tranquillity is touring europe so that's definitely a band we're going to see. Maybe even the Milan show, where the new DVD is going to be recorded.. but who knows ;)

furthermore, all the festivals are at shitty dates, i have an exam a few days after Wacken and Konrad had one right after Summerbreeze.

I'm just going to escape home for a while.
And to spend time with certain people.
Some of the bands are ok but I saw half of them at Hellfest anyway.
Nevermind eh.

Just got back from wacken 08, and it was fukcing awesoem :D

I only had to travel from UK.. but i still spent 26 hours ona coach! :|

My second year there now, best festival ever! I only hope they dont try and get any bigger, cos it was on the limit of being to full this time!

You should ALL go whatever the cost though! once you've been to the holy wacken lands, you never look back :D

\m/

the limit of being full? it was already full last year, and i had the tought it would be even worst this year...
i didnt bother to go this time, there werent any bands that i absolutely wanted to see, and i had an exam today, so i had to study.

it was sad that there were too many people in 2007 because i really enjoyed Wacken 2006.

you guys maybee should look around for other Festivals. I have no Idea why Wacken became such big. we got better Festivals in Germany, and in other Countries. Wacken is Expensive and way too big. I recommend the "With full Force" Open Air. you got a nice lake nearby, its cheaper and the area is not so overfilled.
or if you want to make a week of Metal Holidays go to Metalcamp! actually its in Slovenia, but its worth it. one week, with a lake right in the area. beach stage and everything you need. check them out.

the 2 times i went to Wacken was also because it was quite near where i lived at that time, and thus the journey was cheap. It would be way too expensive to travel to slovenia or something. Summerbreeze would now be nearer since i moved to an other town, but because of exams it was not possible to go.

For the "with full force open air", it is at the other end of the country, it's too far away... and in July, i still have classes to attend. And there was no one i really wanted to see there.