Who's that singing on "Scarlet Heavens"?

ryan1987online

Ignorant Foolishness
Dec 26, 2003
Plano, TX
Yeah... you all know where this song appears, but who sings it? It honestly doesn't sound like Jonas Renkse. Was Mikael Åkerfeldt singing that one? I heard somewhere that it might've been their producer Dan Swanö (????). If it was one of these folks in lieu of Renkse, then who wrote the music and lyrics?

also, one more question. did Renkse really sing "For Funerals to Come..." (the title song of the EP)? that sounds nothing like him.

ryan1987online said:
Yeah... you all know where this song appears, but who sings it? It honestly doesn't sound like Jonas Renkse. Was Mikael Åkerfeldt singing that one? I heard somewhere that it might've been their producer Dan Swanö (????). If it was one of these folks in lieu of Renkse, then who wrote the music and lyrics?

Yes its Jonas who wrote and sang the lyrics....and Anders who wrote the music on it on scarlet heavens.....as for FFTC I would assume that it was Anders.....butit could be either of them....its got alot of effects on it so its hard to tell.....but my guess is Anders....he does get vocal credit on that EP as well as Jonas(of course) ;)

all right, well... Mikael of Opeth was subbing the vocals for the Brave Murder Day album since Jonas messed up his voice for a little while after screaming so much on the first three releases, but that sounds an awful lot like Jonas on "Day"

ryan1987online said:
all right, well... Mikael of Opeth was subbing the vocals for the Brave Murder Day album since Jonas messed up his voice for a little while after screaming so much on the first three releases, but that sounds an awful lot like Jonas on "Day"
As mentioned in the booklet of BMD, it's Jonas singing on Day and Mikael on the other songs.

Sorry, I wouldn't know; I only own Last Fair Deal Gone Down (the edition that came with the Peaceville sampler) and a Polish version of Viva Emptiness. I won both of these on eBay as no stores around here stock Katatonia except for Viva Emptiness. The Polish issue of Viva Emptiness is a little strange - everything is in English except for the legal jargon lining the outer rim of the CD and some sentence that stretched across the bottom of the back of the case is in Polish....what does that say in English? I was wanting to know if it was just some more legal jargon or if it was actually something to do with the album.

you actually want to know what the polish legal jargon is?

Dude, as with any other cd, it's basically "All rights reserved, no copying, no public performances, if you do anything with this CD we don't like, we shall send Richard Simmons over to your house. We know where you live"

MadTinus said:
As mentioned in the booklet of BMD, it's Jonas singing on Day and Mikael on the other songs.
And, if this needs to be added separately, the clean parts in "Rainroom" (like a slow scenery...) and "Endtime" (when the day is done...) also

ryan1987online said:
Sorry, I wouldn't know; I only own Last Fair Deal Gone Down (the edition that came with the Peaceville sampler) and a Polish version of Viva Emptiness. I won both of these on eBay as no stores around here stock Katatonia except for Viva Emptiness. The Polish issue of Viva Emptiness is a little strange - everything is in English except for the legal jargon lining the outer rim of the CD and some sentence that stretched across the bottom of the back of the case is in Polish....what does that say in English? I was wanting to know if it was just some more legal jargon or if it was actually something to do with the album.

I can translate it for you if you post that sentence here.

I've been looking long and hard for this song, but, to no avail. ;[

I must purchase the album one day. I MUST!

well, here.. somebody just try to take a stab at this; it took me a while to insert all these symbols in microsoft word...
Для проДажи На ТеррИТорИИ РоссИИ СТраНСНГ И ЬалТИИ