Mikael Åkerfeldt no more in Bloodbath

just because Akerfeldt is out is no reason to not to continue. Why should they end their fun because Mike can't contribute? I like Mikes's vocals but I definately think Bloodbath should and can easily find a replacement. They will sound just as good. I think Mike's vocals are good but nothing that can't be replaced.

man, they need Tomi Kouvisarri from Amorphis but I dont think he does any vocals anymore.

AbsentFriend said:
I think not, Mikael has a more natural voice, in both singing ánd growling. He's really the best i.m.o.

Bloodbath without Mike is like Morbid angel without David Vincent...although Mike doesn't write anything, he's just a huge part of their sound. Their music is rather simplistic and standard death metal, it's the vocals that make it special!

did you even read what I said? douche.

ALMOST as good as Mikael's.... :err:

Dan Swanö's clean singing >>>> Mikael's...
Just listen to Nightingale, Unicorn etc for proof.
And Dan's growling is almost as good as Mikael's. I think he also should do the upcoming vocals for Bloodbath.

markquqs: every band board have their fair share of fanboys ;)

Akerfeldt told me at the show in Tempe, AZ that he quit Bloodbath, and was not kicked out. Believe what you will.

Agalloch said:
Akerfeldt told me at the show in Tempe, AZ that he quit Bloodbath, and was not kicked out. Believe what you will.
I presume blabbermouth used "kicked" in a manner of speaking, not meaning literally he was "cast out" or sth. At least, that's not the first thing that came up to me. No one really stated he got rejected from the band. I even think Bloodbath is some kind of "band of brothers", so...

And as mentionned above: the band was raised in all good fun.

Steingrim said:
Dan Swanö's clean singing >>>> Mikael's...
Just listen to Nightingale, Unicorn etc for proof.
And Dan's growling is almost as good as Mikael's. I think he also should do the upcoming vocals for Bloodbath.

markquqs: every band board have their fair share of fanboys ;)
Opeth and Children of Bodom are running neck and neck for most completely blind fanboys however.

KielbasaSausage said:
akerfeldt has been saying ever since their EP that Bloodbath was just a joke/mess around type of thing he had with the band, so i dont necessarily think he was kicked out.
Blabbermouth was only quoting Blakkheim from Katatonia. And he was kidding. He said so himself on the Bloodbath forum.

At any rate, word has it that Mikael had to leave the band because Music For Nations is now charging an exorbitant fee for his "services."

I think they recently bought his soul. I read it on Blabbermouth ;)

EDIT: in all seriousness, I believe it has something to do with he being part of Opeth, who is obviously contractually obligated to MFN (no idea the parameters of the contract), and in order for him to participate in a non-MFN band - one which releases albums for commercial gain - there is a license fee involved, and Bloodbath/Century Media certainly weren't going to pay for it.

whatever..i know Mikael didnt view Bloodbath as a serious project and he did say theyd never tour...but if hes no longer in it, i guess they just might...i like bloodbath as a whole and i would purchase the new one regardless of whos on vocals