Peter Tägtgren joins Bloodbath

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
BLOODBATH, the Swedish death metal supergroup featuring Anders "Blakkheim" Nyström, Jonas Renkse and Dan Swanö have announced the details of their new lineup following the departure of OPETH singer Mike Åkerfeldt. Joining Nyström, Renkse and Swanö in the new band are singer Peter Tägtgren and drummer Martin "Axe" Axenrot. "We're currently in the heat of fire composing the last material to the [follow-up to [2002's] 'Resurrection Through Carnage'] and will soon deliver some titles," said Blakkheim in an online posting. "Until then, let the blood run red."
--Blabbermouth.net
That's cool, considering he's one of my favorite death metal vocalists. Interesting replacement for Mikael Åkerfeldt though, I don't think they have a similar vocal style at all.

I really liked both the EP and the album, both being their tributes to the genre - which in turn makes it surprising that they're even making another album...unless of course they have something new (aka something to push the envelope with) up their sleeve.

From what I understand they're making it a full time band, touring and all. There's a new Bloodbath forum here at UM, under the Katatonia parent forum.

I heard they were making it a full time band with touring and all, which is not surprising since the band probably sells fairly well for the type of music they play.

But how much longer is Bloodbath going to be considered a "tribute" band?

I'm hoping Anders will be content to do more than a facsimile of Swedish death this time, there will likely be some changes to adapt to Peter's style...either way, it's not something to be tossed off while drunk like the original EP allegedly was.