Peter joins Bloodbath

asphyXy

Clad in Shadows
Sep 3, 2002
Under a Funeral Moon
asphyxy.net
PETER TÄGTGREN Joins BLOODBATH - Mar. 29, 2004

BLOODBATH, the Swedish death metal supergroup featuring Anders "Blakkheim" Nyström (KATATONIA, DIABOLICAL MASQUERADE, BEWITCHED), Jonas Renkse (KATATONIA, OCTOBER TIDE) and Dan Swanö (NIGHTINGALE, DAN SWANÖ, UNICORN, EDGE OF SANITY, INFESTDEAD, ODYSSEY, PAN-THY-MONIUM), have announced the details of their new lineup following the departure of OPETH singer Mike Åkerfeldt. Joining Nyström, Renkse and Swanö in the new band are singer Peter Tägtgren (HYPOCRISY, PAIN) and drummer Martin "Axe" Axenrot (WITCHERY, SATANIC SLAUGHTER, NEPEHENZY CHAOS ORDER). "We're currently in the heat of fire composing the last material to the [follow-up to [2002's] 'Resurrection Through Carnage'] and will soon deliver some titles," said Blakkheim in an online posting. "Until then, let the blood run red."

-Blabbermouth

I can't wait to hear him sing for Bloodbath.. I was never a big fan of Akerfeldt.

This certainly renews my interest in Bloodbath. Ressurection in Carnages has like 3 or 4 killer tracks - the rest is more akin to filler IMO, in comparison to Katatonia, Diabolical Masquerade or even Opeth they don't really get me off as well, it's cool, but wears thin fairly quick.

At first I was excited about hearing this...but I think I reconsidered things. Mikael held the prime Bloodbath element which Peter lacks...I think he'll probably 'hypocrize' (to put it in a way) the sound of Bloodbath...personally I hope not. I prefer Peter's vocals over Mikael's, but I think this is a wrong move, they should've looked for someone else. None the less I'm curious about how it'll turn out...the other members of Bloodbath certainly aren't newbies to the cause.

Jaim said:
At first I was excited about hearing this...but I think I reconsidered things. Mikael held the prime Bloodbath element which Peter lacks...I think he'll probably 'hypocrize' (to put it in a way) the sound of Bloodbath...personally I hope not. I prefer Peter's vocals over Mikael's, but I think this is a wrong move, they should've looked for someone else. None the less I'm curious about how it'll turn out...the other members of Bloodbath certainly aren't newbies to the cause.

I think the same in some things what you say, but I'll never change Akerfeld for Peter. Bloodbath was awesome and maybe this will change the group. With this I'm not saying what I don't like Hypocrisy and Peter, I really like it but this is a big difference....

IconOfSin said:
i don't think he'll "hypocrize" (lol) it, since he wont be writing any of the music.
Yeah I know what you're saying...but I was referring to just the vocals alone. But we never know with Peter, do we? :Spin: He might really surprise us (again).

well i read this on the site "with his heaviest, most intimidating vocal delivery ever"
Peter and the rest of the band knows what would fit great with the brutal and gore style of the band with sound and lyrics, i know he'll dish out some brutal vocals, maybe something like the end of "Don't Judge Me" you know how he gets very deep, he might use that kind of style if not better.

this album should be a very intersting one with Peter in the band, i can't wait :)

I'm listening to it right now, it's pretty tasty. Peter definitely delivers the goods with these guys \m/ The Music is different than the last one as well. It's still growing on me. It's going to have to grow on me because a new Hypocrisy or Katatonia or even Diabolical Masquerade disk are far past the horizon.

Suffice to say, I'm soon to purchase my first Bloodbath recording as soon as it's available.

np Bloodbath - Nightmares Made Flesh

yeah i heard the song they out up on the site, i'd prefer that than ripping off the album :lol:
and my god Peter's vocals blew me away, i knew he could pull off brutal death vocals like that \m/

I like Mikael's vocals and thought they fit perfectly with Bloodbath, but Peter is just crazy when it comes to death vocals. Most people are either high, low, or in between, but he's all over the place. I'm interested in hearing how he uses his voice in Bloodbath.