New Bloodbath lineup

Nico

Onward!
Oct 21, 2003
War for Territory
I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet, at least on other boards, but here you go.

http://www.digitalmetal.com/news.asp?cid=4874

Peter Tägtgren joins Bloodbath.

According the the official Bloodbath website, Peter Tägtgren (Hypocrisy, Pain) has replaced former Bloodbath vocalist and Opeth frontman Mike Åkerfeldt as Bloodbath's new vocalist. An official statement from Blakkheim states:

"Hey folks.... Here are the official announcements directly from the boiling brew of blood you've been waiting for... The dark grave of ex-vocalist Mike Åkerfeldt has now got a new inhabitant that needs no further introduction - Peter Tägtgren! Furthermore, after analyzing a wide range of drummers, we handpicked Martin "Axe" Axenrot! Widely known for helluva fiercly beats in bands such as Witchery, Satanic Slaughter, Nepehenzy Chaos Order... We're currently in the heat of fire composing the last material to the album and will soon deliver some titles. Until then, let the blood run red".

Bloodbath Line-up 2004:

PETER TÄGTGREN - VOCALS
BLAKKHEIM - GUITARS
DAN SWANÖ - GUITARS
JONAS RENKSE - BASS
MARTIN AXENROT - DRUMS

I'll definately be buying it. If it was the original lineup I guess I'd be even quicker to buy it (knowing what they'd done before), but really there was a lot more to that album than just Mikael, so I think this is still going to be great! (Peter has some huge shoes to fill though, good luck!!!)

Agalloch said:
Yeah, Peter rules.

Pete is good, but I still can't figure out how Mike gets his growl to sound so damn chunky! My growls sound similar to Peters style, and all I do is use vocal fry and strain my throat a bit as I force it out. It doesn't hurt too bad, but more then an hour of growling can seriously give me a dry throat. But it doesn't matter how hard I belt it out, or how low I drop my voice I've never been able to sound ANYTHING like Mike. That to me, is what makes his growls so damn great. Am I alone, or does someone know his secret?

thecrimsonchin said:
Pete is good, but I still can't figure out how Mike gets his growl to sound so damn chunky! My growls sound similar to Peters style, and all I do is use vocal fry and strain my throat a bit as I force it out. It doesn't hurt too bad, but more then an hour of growling can seriously give me a dry throat. But it doesn't matter how hard I belt it out, or how low I drop my voice I've never been able to sound ANYTHING like Mike. That to me, is what makes his growls so damn great. Am I alone, or does someone know his secret?

Maybe it's because Mike's voice is fairly deep?