Who's your favorite Old West personality?

Just one

• Pat Garrett

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Billy the Kid

• Wyatt Earp

• Wild Bill Hickok

• Butch Cassidy

• Sundance Kid

• Total voters
Oh . . . and there used to be a guy in my home town that rode with Poncho Villa. That guy's dead now, but I think that's pretty cool to say you did that. Actually, he never said he did it. He just kept to himself and the record books did the talking for him.

yeah, Dodge City. That's where Wyatt Earp made a name for himself.

If there is such a thing, I still think Wyatt Earp was Unbreakable (like the movie). He turned out to be a lawman/enforcer of justice. He was in countless gun battles, and not one bullet ever even grazed him. Fascinating. He was the only individual not hit by a bullet at the Gunfight at OK Corral.

J.

I understand what you're saying about the world becoming such girlie men. Part of the reason I decided to move back to Kansas was because of the amazing depths I realized American cities have become wussified. Where I live now is pretty much like the old west . . . with a few more laws. But most people out here do what they do and nobody bothers them. People carry guns in there vehicles. You leave you neighbors alone when the want left alone and you help them when they need help.

I just couldn't handle the extreme "touchy, feely" state that cities in America have become. Complain, complain, complain! That's all most people in the city do. Anyway . . . I'll stop now.

werd, brutha. I wanna live on lakeside property away from "civilization". Maybe Slipknot was right about something; people do equal shit.

City living is just so lame, and every day that passes, I realize it more. City dwellers are simply just walking/talking cattle.

Random Beard said:
I'll not go anywhere near hick states, But... 5 minutes out of town sounds about right.
As much as I want to move away to the middle of nowhere, I know I'd get bored within a month. So yeah, I like the 5 minutes away plan, up to 20 or 30 minutes really.

That's the thing. People think there is nothing to do when you're away from the city. They think since there's no skyscrapers, homeless people begging for change or a 7/11 on every corner, it must suck.

People are just so wrapped up in bars/pubs/clubs or having a Taco Bell down the street that they can't fathom anything else. (not saying anyone here is like that, just the general city living populus)

I agree with Nate and J.

WTF...I need to move to the middle of nowhere SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO badly, it hurts. Preferably w/i the woods.

FUCK modern socirty and any type of "city."

UGH!

Pyrus said:
Doc Holliday is on that top tier of "most awesome people ever" with Muhammad Ali, Sean Connery, Bill Clinton and Davy Crockett. Few others.

BIll Clinton WTF??? He fucked our country over terribly. everyone else on the list is cool though.

Sean Connery is god. :worship:

Also I lived on twenty acres by myself in OKLAHOMA in the middle of the country and fucking loved it. I could go out on my porch and be butt naked and piss wherever I wanted. Parties, chicks, Halo parties you name it.