Whta is the best Saxon album

K

Karol Kaczorowski

What do you think? What albums of Saxon are the best?

I didn't heard all, I heard just few, I think:

1. Wheels Of Steel
2. Denim

strong arm of the law even better it is on cd
very hard to pick a 2nd one but playing full voluime is just fantactic e.g sixth form girl takeing your chances
graham

My personal favorite is ``The Eagle Has Landed.`` A great intoduction to SAXON`s first few albums, and one of the best live albums EVER ! Right up there with Maiden`s ``Live After Death``, KISS` ``ALIVE``, Judas Priest`s ``Unleashed in the East``, and Black Sabbath`s ``Reunion``. Of SAXON`s studio albums, I like ``Strong Arm of the Law`` best among the early ones, and the current ``Killing Ground`` amongst there more recent releases. But for the most part, with SAXON you can`t go wrong.

Unleash the beast. I'm not too familiar with the old albums...but this cd is great. Not a single bad song on this IMO (cut out the disease maybe..)

Check it out anyway :)

My favorites are:

Early stuff - 'Strong Arm of the Law'

Middle stuff - 'Solid Ball of Rock'

recent stuff - 'Killing Ground'

1. Denim and leather : Very creative album that people seem to forget sometimes.

2. Solid ball of rock : Steady rock, great melodies.

3. The eagle has land part 2 : Such energy and fantastic vocal performance from Biff.

My Favs are

1. Eagle has Landed part 2. Just awesome.
2. Denim and Leather
3. Solid Ball of Rock

I would have to say "DENIM and LEATHER" is my alltime fav...not a bad song in the bunch! More than anything though it's probably my sentimental fav as it was the very first SAXON album I ever heard when it was first released in the states. I believe it was the first to be widely released in my area. I was hooked right from the start! Honorable mention from the early days would have to be "CRUSADER" for me. It had the same feeling as "DENIM" as I liked every song on it. Of the newer releases which are a whole different animal, I would have to go with "METALHEAD" closely followed by "DOGS of WAR". Keep rockin' guys...NEVER SURRENDER!!!

Karol, my favorites are

Strong arm Of The Law
Wheels Of Steel
Denim And Leather
Unleash The Beast
Solid Ball Of Rock

And Live it is Definitly The Eagle Has Landed

POWER AND THE GLORY strong arm of the law in 2nd.

Tricky one... It has got to be a draw between Metalhead and Denim... and by the way Destiny is probably the most underrated metal-album of all times!

Old: Power and the Glory

Middle: Destiny.

New: Killing Ground, with Unleash The Beast close behind. Bloody excellent!

Is there anywhere you can get hold of Saxon video's by the way? I have Saxon Live and Live Innocence on PAL VHS (thanks to james, my brother who passed them on to me. He now listens to Oasis and Moby.)

This may not be a popular choice, but being a 32 year old American, "Crusader" was my first Saxon album. I enjoyed their live "Eagle..." and "Power and the Glory" but always like "Crusader" the best.

Is there anyway to identify which guitarist plays the solos (ala Judas Priest credits?)

-Johnny