Output sound pressure level
86.8 dB/W (1.0 m)
Cross over frequency 4kHz
Frequency range 45 Hz–30kHz (–16 dB)
60 Hz–26kHz (–10 dB)
Dimensions (WxH:rofl:) 220 x 330 x 227 mm
(821/32˝ x 13˝ x 815/16˝)
Mass 3.0 kg (6.6 lb.)

I currently just connected them to my line 6 toneport ux2 monitors out and it sounds great in my opinion.

can i use these speakers for now? 'til i get actual monitors?

Yeah dude, the freq response of those is propably worse than this graph.

131065.jpg

if i had those i'd put them to use anyway, i mix with headphones but when i hear my stuff in my shitty stereo some stuff that's not good goes obvious, no matter it's obviously a pair of non flat speakers, you gotta use what you have, the best you can, wherever you are. When you get the money, go buy a good expensive pair of dream speakers. Just an honest statement, i'd do it.

how do you even have these hooked up? since they're not powered you need an amp to power them, so you hooked into an aux in on your stereo or something?

In addition to the fact that these probably sound bad and are coloring your mix, you are probably not getting very good stereo separation and not hearing the stereo image as well as you would be with a good set of MONS and good converters

Sort of on topic if you are looking for inexpensive monitors and happen to live in the states - I just saw a Guitar Center advertisement on TV for their weekend holiday sale and it shows them offering some form of the KRK Rokit monitors (probably the 5 series) for $99 (I would assume each) - they are the special editions in Red. They also have a $20 off of $99 ($50 off $349) dollars and more coupon on their site that you can print to lower the price even more.

They have to be better than what you've shown in this thread (to the OP).

I really dont understand the thread title.
its making my head hurt

If you were foreign I could understand but the whole opening post your grammar is perfectly fine.
so whats up with the fucked up title?

and yes, you can do this. back when I was just getting started I did this.
It was a good start but now looking back I totally regret not getting monitors first.

My best advice would be
1. do A band with the shitty stereo monitors and with the money you make pick up some cheap studio monitors
2. Make a deal with a band that you would record some songs for them if they buy you some studio monitors (This way you might be able to get better monitors because you can explain to the band they will get a better mix with better monitors and who doesnt want a better mix?)

Seth- Its crazy how one single letter in the English language make such a huge difference.
I'm willing to bet its a typo and he meant to say "Why CANT I use these as monitors"
I can see how foreign people dont quite understand how to use that word in context.