Why didn't Suicide Shift work out?

TempleOfBlood

Dec 31, 2008
It sounded like an amazing line-up!

Steve - bass
Chuck Billy - vocals
Darren Travis (Sadus) - guitar
Per Jensen (The Haunted, Artillery, Invocator) - drums or Norm Leggio (Psychotic Waltz) - drums

Per and Norm are very good friends, and each amazing drummers. But the project ended up with Jon Allen on drums, which not only made sense but turned out killer obviously. And the chemistry that developed in SS, short of making the album we wanted to, manifested into a cool song we played at a Sadus show called "Walk Into The Sun" and eventually the crazy vocal duet on Out For Blood for the song called Crazy.
Have you heard Per's new band Road To Jerusalem?

It sounded like an amazing line-up!

Steve - bass
Chuck Billy - vocals
Darren Travis (Sadus) - guitar
Per Jensen (The Haunted, Artillery, Invocator) - drums or Norm Leggio (Psychotic Waltz) - drums

I was really excited about that project when I heard about it. Too bad it's a waste of a great band name!

I never knew the name of the song, thanks for sharing that. Ms. Anthrope posted a short clip of it (basically just the beginning - Chuck saying "are you ready?" plus the intro riff, if I can remember correctly some 14 years later) here: http://www.testamentlegions.com/video/9-13suicideshift.avi back in '02 (there was some buzz about this project on the Testament forum around that time), but the link is obviously dead now. Anyone has the recording?

Didn't the early versions of other SS songs also evolve into what ended to be Out for Blood? Or the writing process hadn't been that advanced yet?

Per and Norm are very good friends, and each amazing drummers. But the project ended up with Jon Allen on drums, which not only made sense but turned out killer obviously. And the chemistry that developed in SS, short of making the album we wanted to, manifested into a cool song we played at a Sadus show called "Walk Into The Sun" and eventually the crazy vocal duet on Out For Blood for the song called Crazy.
Have you heard Per's new band Road To Jerusalem?

Thanks for the info Steve!

I checked out Per's new band. Sounds like some talented musicians but not really my style.

I never knew the name of the song, thanks for sharing that. Ms. Anthrope posted a short clip of it (basically just the beginning - Chuck saying "are you ready?" plus the intro riff, if I can remember correctly some 14 years later) here: http://www.testamentlegions.com/video/9-13suicideshift.avi back in '02 (there was some buzz about this project on the Testament forum around that time), but the link is obviously dead now. Anyone has the recording?

Didn't the early versions of other SS songs also evolve into what ended to be Out for Blood? Or the writing process hadn't been that advanced yet?
Man I wish I knew oneman! And that was before I even joined the forum so I didn't even get to hear it.