Why do bands have to...

vertigokeyz

One F'in Well-Dressed Man
Jul 26, 2011
...include these little transitional tracks? Leave them out or make them part of an actual song! We don't need this artsy fartsy shit; we want to rock out!

And what is the deal with leaving 5 minutes of space at the end track before you play the "hidden track". Just make it a separate track and leave out the dead air! That might have been cute when CDs first went into production, along with having 86 blank one-second tracks so that the hidden track is #99. Do these bands honestly think they are fooling anyone anymore?!? You want to really hide a track? Make it an *.ogg file in a *.rar package labeled as a *.jpg that can only be seen on a computer! Attaching a hidden track to the last one with a large pause in the middle is not hiding; it's just annoying!

That being said...Worship Music, sweet fucking album!

...include these little transitional tracks? Leave them out or make them part of an actual song! We don't need this artsy fartsy shit; we want to rock out!

And what is the deal with leaving 5 minutes of space at the end track before you play the "hidden track". Just make it a separate track and leave out the dead air! That might have been cute when CDs first went into production, along with having 86 blank one-second tracks so that the hidden track is #99. Do these bands honestly think they are fooling anyone anymore?!? You want to really hide a track? Make it an *.ogg file in a *.rar package labeled as a *.jpg that can only be seen on a computer! Attaching a hidden track to the last one with a large pause in the middle is not hiding; it's just annoying!

That being said...Worship Music, sweet fucking album!

I hear ya. I split them into 2 tracks for my iPod and it comes on right away :)

i think that trend stopped years ago,i guess where talking about it,thats what they want i guess,it is fucking annoyinh,hence the reason i havent even bothered listening to the last one yet

I don't mind the short transitional tracks. If anything I like that they aren't part of an actual song, as sometimes I think they sound stupid and I like the fact that I can choose to skip them. The hidden track thing is annoying. If I want to listen to New Noise, I have to listen to five minutes of silence as well. I'm not sure what the point is. It doesn't take away the fact that this is a good record, just adds a little frustration to the experience.

I don't mind them if they're good - like "Desolate Ways" or even "God Bless the Children of the Beast". But the ones on WM are shit.
That said, I prefer the 5 minutes of silence near the end to the Limp Bizkit song that follows it.

It sure would get a bit boring i,f all Track Titles would have to be in your face (or rather shoved up the nose of the listener), saying at all times exactly what the song is about.

It's like the name sets the expectation going in a certain direction, but mate, I would find it boring to always take the first three words of the Chorus - "guys, I think I know the name of our next song!!!"

It does work sometimes, but leaves little up to the imagination/feelings of the listener.

I currently have all the songs on my iPod and my car USB player. I'll keep them on in the short term since it just came out, but the Hymn's will definitely be removed shortly.

I still prefer the physical media. To me, the total package is needed to get the whole feel of the album.

Also, I do agree with losing the "secret song" concept, at least in this format. Bury it as a file on the CD, or place hints in the packaging to find the bonus track to download.

And what is the deal with leaving 5 minutes of space at the end track before you play the "hidden track". Just make it a separate track and leave out the dead air!

I'm not a big fan of this either, but seriously, is it THAT big a deal to just hit fast-forward?:lol:

imo the transitional tracks on WM are shitty & unneccesary, i'm glad that i will get the nuclear blast-mailorder edition soon, it has 'New Noize' as a bonus-track, no more fast forward. intros and transitional tracks should prepare the listener for the songs to come, 'Earth On Hell' is much better without the 2 minutes of noise before it and the 2 'hymns' don't add anything good to the album.

I don't mind them if they're good - like "Desolate Ways" or even "God Bless the Children of the Beast". But the ones on WM are shit.
That said, I prefer the 5 minutes of silence near the end to the Limp Bizkit song that follows it.

Limp Bizkit?