Why ESP's custom shop is awesome...

Montu Sekhmet said:
Ive played a 7 string. Dont like them.

..... That makes me angry...... Kinda.

To me, a guitarrist using a 7 string isnt just a guitarrist with an unnecessary string. It's a guitarrist who knows how to use that extra string. Most 7 string players have different ways of using their 7 string. Some use it for heavy ass riffage, some just have it to look cool, and that's a breed I like to call "The Ass Hole. Some people use it instead of a bass, and those are people wo really need to realize that they need a bassist. I personally use it for lower harmonies in between my bassist and other guitarrist.

Having a Low B means nothing if you dont know what to do with it.

Whoops... I think I have misinformed everyone. I was talking about a 7 string BASS. I really like them and I'm going to buy one.

Oh, and to Ptah Knemu, if you think people don't use a 7 string guitar correctly, I'm going to buy an 8 string guitar and actually use all 8 strings. You know why? Because I don't suck. Oh, and 7 strings bore me. For christ's sakes, I'm the somewhat fat guitarist, mmkay?

Having just a low B is soooooo unnappealing. With an 8 string, it also has a low F#. To be honest though, that doesn't appeal to me much either. That's why, after getting a bunch of money together (And after buying an 8 which is significantly cheaper.), I'm buying a 9 with an extra high A string. I'm telling you, these guitars are awesome with all the extra strings. And again, I know how to use them!

- No sig required

No no no! I wasnt saying that nobody uses the extra strings right! I was saying that if you have the extra strings, you should at least know how to use them! It's okay to have the instrument, as long as you use all the strings in a logical way. Having a 7 strig and only using the Low B on the 5th frett loses all purpose for the B.

Tubbs Mcgee said:
No, they are not, you just can't handle them!

Seriously.

- that kind of annoys me

hahaha, no offense, but this kinda reminds me of that size complex...if you know what im talking about...

listen to Spiral Architect's "A Skeptics Universe", thats a 4 string bass right there, and look at what he can acomplish with that.

Okay... but they don't have 5 (10,15) extra notes... :erk:

And if I tune in fifths then they don't have 6 (12,18) extra notes... :erk: :erk: :err:

Oh, and Ptah. I know. I was just stating something for comic effect. Hmm... guess it didn't work. :erk: :erk: :erk:

:tickled: <---- Not you... :erk:

- mmkay? ( :erk: )

im not trying to offend you here, but it seems to me that you just want extra strings just for the sake of having extra strings.

yes yes, you're gonna use all 8 strings, but to what extent and for what effect? have you truly exhausted all the possibilities of a normal quantity of strings?

I get what you're both saying. Jaen is saying "How often are you gonna do things that actually require a low G, and for what musical aura would you use it for?" and Tubbs is saying "All the time. Fuck bassists." But Jaen's argument is much more well thought out.

Anyways, getting back on topic.... ESP pwns all n00b companies.

What? I'm a bass player!!! Why would I say fuck bassists??? A 7 string bass goes well below an 8 string guitar (Or even a 9) so I can't think of where you got that silly idea from.

- I believe you are being silly

EDIT: Okay, we are getting pretty off-topic now. Let's just get back on course.

Uhh... ESP's custom shop is cool.

Sorry. That came out all wrong. I didnt mean it like that, in fact I got it all wrong also. I remember you taling about 9 string guitars, and how Meshuggah kicked out their bass player, because they had an 8 string guitar and I accidentally put those together and it came out wrong.