Why leave Death only to reunite in Control Denied

It's a long story. I might tell it one day. But you should know that we didn't "part" ways. We just had our own paths on different sides of the country that didn't always run parallel. We didn't always seem to be together in the band, but we remained close friends for 15+ years steadily.

HippieOfDoom said:
It's a long story. I might tell it one day. But you should know that we didn't "part" ways. We just had our own paths on different sides of the country that didn't always run parallel. We didn't always seem to be together in the band, but we remained close friends for 15+ years steadily.
As your post was a while ago, can you now expand a bit on this "long story"?

It's a really long story. I always make these stories long because I pretend I'm a great story teller!

But seriously, I have worked steadily with Chuck from the day we met in 1986. It just doesn't appear that way, because on some albums I was part of the preproduction process and didn't participate in the album recording. With me and Chuck there was no "join the band" or "quit the band" policies. We were above all friends, then musical collegues. So it doesn't appear that we did anything between ITP and Control Denied. But trust me, or ask the other guys that were there, I was involved with Symbolic and TSOP too. The reasons for appearing in that kind of "in-and-out" style is the long part of the story that I didn't think really mattered. It's actually a bit boring, that's why I just say that we did our own thing during these times. Which is about all it really is.

SDG

Whenever you want to fiish your story ill listen to it anyday, because there is nothing greater than hearing Stories about death's legacy unless it about how baddly you puke after your first experience with a bittle of jagermeister!

Yeah, everyone thanked steve in the notes for Sounds of Perseverence for jamming.