Why myspace player suck???

VINCENT DEATHCULT

Onirik Guitarist
Dec 22, 2008
Italy
Someone can help me with some tips. I don't understand why myspace player don't sound like soundclick. I know myspace change the mp3 file quality with 96 kbps. What you doing to play in the best way your songs in myspace?

They just increased how many songs you can upload.. Why couldnt they give us better audio quality instead???? :(

They just increased how many songs you can upload.. Why couldnt they give us better audio quality instead???? :(

Well, as you're probably aware, they encode the songs to 128kbps with a sample rate of 22,000hz.

They are dumbfucks who don't know what "sample rates" really are. Sure, we can't hear anything above 20khz or 22khz but that's related to pitch. (Oscillations per second). Sample rate has got nothing to do with that. Not at all.

So the bottom line is, they don't know what 'sample rate' means.

myspace_rapes_audio.png

Well, as you're probably aware, they encode the songs to 128kbps with a sample rate of 22,000hz.

They are dumbfucks who don't know what "sample rates" really are. Sure, we can't hear anything above 20khz or 22khz but that's related to pitch. (Oscillations per second). Sample rate has got nothing to do with that. Not at all.

So the bottom line is, they don't know what 'sample rate' means.

Sample rate is related to frequency. Heard of the Nyquist theorem? Basically states that the anything higher than the Nyquist frequency (half the sampling rate) is not going to be represented accurately on a digital system.
A LOT easier to explain with diagrams but I cant be assed... But effectively, this means that with a 22kHz (or whatever it is) sampling rate, the highest frequency is going to be 11kHz - and anything higher than that has been misinterpreted and can be heard as a different, lower frequency.

Theres shit on it here if youre interested:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampling_theorem

So that means that if you want the "best" quality possible for the myspace player, you have to export to 128 kbs and 22khz so that it isnt converted ?

Did anybody found than tweaking something especially for myspace (EQ or comp etc) made it sound good ?

So that means that if you want the "best" quality possible for the myspace player, you have to export to 128 kbs and 22khz so that it isnt converted ?

Did anybody found than tweaking something especially for myspace (EQ or comp etc) made it sound good ?

I have heard uploading the song in mono helps but there are obvious trade-offs.. Never tried it though.. I like stereo..

I got it on flashden.net then changed the code to do what I want.
The player and blog are all xml driven so it keeps it somewhat dynamic.