Why the Hell are DEVILDRIVER going to be touring with Opeth and Moonspell?

Demiurge said:
I am at home with the flu. This renders my time less valuable. That said, it's inevitably more valuable than the time of fanboys.

You misinterpreted the second paragraph. I wasn't referring to my impactful nature, but rather the pugnaciousness and stupidity of the typical Opeth fanboy.

Well I can see that. Of course that can be said of any "fanboy".

If you don't like them don't watch them.

i've never heard them and don't plan on it. but I have heard kataklysm who are very boring in their own right. So either way you go it's a bad deal to me. But I won't be seeing the tour. So i could care less.

And i don't think Devildriver are very well known in circles "in real life" meaining outside of the internet. Unless they've been all over tv and radio. in which case i have missed it.

The moonspell vocalist is one of the worst i have ever heard, he makes cookie monster vocals, and even james labrie sound good.

I haven't heard Moonspell and don't want to. "Goth" metal makes my skin crawl, although being worse than DD even for a goth band would be very, very difficult.

\m/ said:
What and who the fuck is Devildriver? Who gives a fuck who opens! Opeth will blow them off the stage anyway!

If Fran Drescher opened for Opeth by reciting a monologue from the perspective of a groundhog on Kristallnacht, Opeth still couldn't blow her off the stage.

speed said:
The moonspell vocalist is one of the worst i have ever heard, he makes cookie monster vocals, and even james labrie sound good.
Uhhh... what? Moonspell growl occasionally, and often on their earliest material... but I would compare their vocalist to a goofy drunk vampire with a very thick Portuguese accent moaning like that dude from Type O.

Coal Chamber broke up because in Band fighting about the direction of what Dez's darker sound while the other 3 band members want to stay N-Metal. Dez sounds better in his new band Devildriver because it's himself.

I like Devildriver for what they're worth. They're on the better end of the nu-metal spectrum. I Could Care Less and The Mountain are decent songs.

Putting them on this tour is obviously a wave router, although I can't see how the shallow mallcore crowd could possibly appreciate Opeth, seeing that 95% of my own mallcore test subjects reject real metal.