Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
Which do you prefer as a song?

TWM was the first single, and album opener of BNW.
WD is the first single, and album opener of DOD.

Personally, I think The Wicker Man kicks ass over Wildest Dreams. I absolutley love the chorus of TWM. Granted, it is repetitive "Your Time Will Come".... But it sounds so good the way that Bruce delivers it.... And with the guitar in the background.

For me, I find WD to be the weakest track off the new album. I havnt listened to it once without reaching for the skip button on the ole remote. I don't hate it...... It's just.... I know that there are way better songs to come. But TWM makes me listen all the way through... I love the 'Whoa... Whoa' part at the end, and I love Adrian's solo.

So my vote is for THE WICKER MAN!

The Wicker Man by a half-head.

I instantly liked TWM but Wildest Dreams took a few listens.

I didn't think much of the video for TWM though. Can someone explain what the deal with those big white bags was? The Wildest Dreams clip is much more entertaining and interesting.

PIV, the big white bags were supposed to be the bouncing weather balloons that were used to catch people who tried to escape from The Village in The Prisoner (the TV series, not the song). The Camp Chaos version of the video clip is much better IMHO.

I'm voting for TWM. Wildest Dreams improves with frequent listening, but The Wicker Man is still the better song.

W

Wrathchild said:
PIV, the big white bags were supposed to be the bouncing weather balloons that were used to catch people who tried to escape from The Village in The Prisoner (the TV series, not the song).

W

Thanks! That has bothered me for ages! I'm still not sure why they included them in the clip but at least now I know what they are!