Will Metal Rule The World Once More?????

I Don't Die

Soldier Of Metal
Apr 4, 2004
Orange, Australia
Is it possible for Metal to get a second wind??

We had the 70's 80's early 90's.

Now with Thrax, Megadeth, Slayer, Exodus, Testament, Kreator, Metallica All with either new stuff out or coming out soon, is it possible for Real Metal to hit back as hard as it did then??

Or with acts of Metal coming up fast such as Killswitch Engage, Nevermore, The Haunted, Chimaria, From Autumn To Ashes, Devildriver & to a lesser extent In Flames. Could anyof the bands real punch the top 10 chart in the balls or the chart at all for that matter ???

Please dont Criticize what i have written, It's a simple question searching an Answer.
Comments if u would.

i dont think metal will be as strong as it once was but one thing with metal is it always just keeps on going and u see soundscans of what bands have done over the years and metal is still selling quite well,the longitivity of a band is what makes me happy,u follow there changes and there is a real connection with the fans.

good thread

No, But a man can dream cant he? Well then again you never know, I joined a band a month ago, and we kick ass. So when we make a cd, and you all start buying them, We may save the metal world. lol

I hope not, metal these days is lame, love the oldshool style Exodus /testament/ST /Sacred Reich etc but after the fuckin ....Justice album things got really boring, thanx for that!!!!!!!!!I discocevered some new types of music (punk & rap). It's so sad to see all these band from the 80's reforming in 2004 and think they still have a following, the list is endless crap & crappier!!!!!!( and I don't mean Exodus and death Angel!!)

No IMHO Metal will not Rule again and it's unfortunate. Too many fools are giving the horns and they don't know what it really means. Plus from 85 thru the early 90's too many hard rock\metal bands (non speed metal) went pussy so I think I can do without a second coming of Warrant or Dokken post 1984.

Sincerely,
Old Bastard