WILL SUICIDE SILENCE STILL BE THE SAME AFTER THIS SUMMER?

jodi

New Metal Member
Jan 27, 2008
There have been a lot of complaints that Suicide Silence is "selling out" by confirming this Summer's tour.​

What does "selling out" mean in your opinion?​

Do you think that Suicide Silence is doing this?​

They seem to be a band that plays the music that they want to, so I doubt the tour will have any real effect on their sound. They'll probably be a lot more popular after its over though.

Wow if you actually think there selling out. Oh no there playing with one of the biggest bands and one of their fav's. Your all cunt nuggets

How is touring with popular bands selling out?
They would be dumb not to be in this tour.
They will become more popular, make more money, etc...
Nothing bad can come from them being in this tour.

Anyone who thinks SS is selling out has no right to even consider themselves fans of the band.

They are not selling out.

Obviously doing a huge summer tour with extremely successful bands can only do them good. If you think SS is selling out by going on this tour, then YOU be the one to pay for their gas, housing, food, and gear for the rest of their lives.

Meh. You can't win - Everyones fickle. The scene kids think your selling out if your not playing to 6 people and are actually making enough to buy food. The metal heads don't think your tr00 if you have breakdowns. Just let the music do the talking.

I don't think SS is selling out by going on tour with some big bands. And besides, if they were, shouldn't we be happy for them? I mean, they worked their way up and made it to the top. They accomplished their dream.

I've got to share this...
My favorite song is 'No Pity For A Coward'. fkn brutal.

Wow if you actually think there selling out. Oh no there playing with one of the biggest bands and one of their fav's. Your all cunt nuggets

Seriously...its a fucking tour how's it going to effect shitt.
Haha cunt nuggets :p

It's like getting pissed at someone for winning a race or some shit.

to me selling out means milking your fame for all its worth.
for example Kiss... they came out with as many albums as they possibly could not careing whether or not they were good albums because they expected their true fans to buy them anyway.
Then they came out with merch out the ass. Merch of all sorts, ones that you wouldn't even think of (such as coffins).

I've met Suicide Silence & they seem to me like the kind of guys that love what they are doing & are passionate about the music they are making. To them it's not about the money it's about doing what they love & making their fans happy. Therefore, they will probably never sell out.

for example Kiss... they came out with as many albums as they possibly could not careing whether or not they were good albums because they expected their true fans to buy them anyway.
Then they came out with merch out the ass. Merch of all sorts, ones that you wouldn't even think of (such as coffins).

I've met Suicide Silence & they seem to me like the kind of guys that love what they are doing & are passionate about the music they are making. To them it's not about the money it's about doing what they love & making their fans happy. Therefore, they will probably never sell out.
you got the right idea going and for that i say PARTY ON :kickass:

I've seen probably the most merch from Nirvana, Guns N' Roses and Metallica.

I could go my whole life without ever hearing Smells like teen spirit, Welcome to the Jungle or Enter Sandman EVER AGAIN. Those songs get so much radio play, even today.

how is it selling out? slipknot is my favorite band, and suicide silence is right next to them. theyre gonna get paid for this. theyre gonna get a larger fan base. any band would want this. most people now think theyre too "HXC" to listen to radioplayed bands like slipknot and disturbed, but thats bullshit. anyone that says that theyre HXC is stupid, cuz before suicide silence and all that, what the fuck did you listen to? i think this is the best tour ive ever heard of. i cant wait to go. suicide silence isnt gonna change. so to everyone who says suicide silence are sellouts, youre a fuckin sellout.

I think we are gonna start wearing makeup and writing 2 step sing along parts about puppies and rainbows possibly even kittens and rain clouds.