Will there be a Thursday pre-party?

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Rob and Chris -
I know you guys will probably shoot me for even asking while you are in the midst of finalizing the line-up for Fri and Sat.....

It had been previously discussed that there is a possibility of some sort of festival pre-party on Thursday.

Is this still in the works?

I figured that was sort of the plan.
I didn't mean to be a pain in the ass.
Just curious. Sounds like people are starting to make their plans, and for us local folks, considering taking days off of work, etc.....

Elvenking for the pre-party. See the poll on ProgPowerUSa...about having Elvenking at thier preparty...beat them to it Rob!!!!

Elvenqueen is a better fit for ProgPower...period.

Although, if you and all their fans (since you claim there are so many), who want to see them play our pre-party, really really want to see them, then how about you all pool your money together to pay for all the band's expenses/fees, and I'd be happy to co-ordinate the rest...no bullshit! I'm dead serious!

We, for one, are not willing to gamble with our own money to bring over a band that we believe won't draw more than you & a few people.

Therefore, I challenge you to prove us wrong. Come on, put YOUR money where YOUR mouth is! Imagine the bragging rights if your're right about their drawing power...just imagine. :worship:

If you're not willing to take the risk for a band you are so convinced will draw, then why would you think we would? :Smug:

So come on Bob...let's see what you're made of. :p

I DARE YOU!!!! No...I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU. Wait...no...I TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU!!! :p

We, for one, are not willing to gamble with our own money to bring over a band that we believe won't draw more than you & a few people.

If you're not willing to take the risk for a band you are so convinced will draw, then why would you think we would? :Smug:

I DARE YOU!!!! No...I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU. Wait...no...I TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU!!! :p

Good for you! I guess I am missing something with this band because I think (my opinion) they suck. Not a slam to anyone but what is so "great" about this band?

Anywho... since you haven't commented on the Symphorce thread, I take that as them being at the Fest!!!:lol:

Although, if you and all their fans (since you claim there are so many), who want to see them play our pre-party, really really want to see them, then how about you all pool your money together to pay for all the band's expenses/fees, and I'd be happy to co-ordinate the rest...no bullshit! I'm dead serious!

Therefore, I challenge you to prove us wrong. Come on, put YOUR money where YOUR mouth is! Imagine the bragging rights if your're right about their drawing power...just imagine. :worship:

I wont ever sponsor or put money up for any band. I dont make a lot of money at my job and I have to many hobbies that I can barely afford as it is. The only reason I suggest Elvenking so much is that they are a great band and do "have" a substantial fanbase and would be diverse enough to draw attention to the fest. It is funny that you would put up money for Thurizas, who are not nearly as known as Elvenking. Hey, it is your fest....do what you will. I would love to see a very diverse line up. So far most of the bands are not very stellar. I am very excited to see Thurizas and interested in seeing Shatter Messiah and Solitude Aeturnus. I will be at both days supporting the fest. I just really hope the headliners are someone decent. I really hope that at least one power metal bands is playing. that would be nice.

Out of curiosity....have you listened to any Elvenking disc??? Check out Heathenreel and judge then. Or even Winter's Wake.

Out of curiosity....have you listened to any Elvenking disc??? Check out Heathenreel and judge then. Or even Winter's Wake.

I've listened to the songs on their Myspace page, and they don't interest me in the least. Although, I will say that I probably would've liked them a lot more about 10 years ago...but I've grown out of my power metal days. It just all started sounding the same to me & the cheese became more than I could bare.

Sorry...I tried.

I've listened to the songs on their Myspace page, and they don't interest me in the least. Although, I will say that I probably would've liked them a lot more about 10 years ago...but I've grown out of my power metal days. It just all started sounding the same to me & the cheese became more than I could bare.

Sorry...I tried.

so you turned to the lowest common denominator in music next to rap...NuMetal.:puke: