Will you/have you voted for Maiden in the Brit Awards?

Will you vote for Maiden in the Brit Awards?

• Yes

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • No because I don't like Maiden

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • No because I prefer one of the other bands

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No--I like Maiden, but don't want them to win

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • No for another reason

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

fergo

New Metal Member
Feb 1, 2009
Hey all.

I'm currently doing some A-level communication Studies Coursework, which is pretty important (at least to me :rolleyes:). As part of that, I need to do some reasearch.

I need to know if people have/are going to vote for Iron Maiden in the Brit Awards for best live band.

Please feel free to expand on your choice via a post :headbang:.

Thanks guys!

Anyone who saw them on the Golden Days tour will and anyone who didn't should probably just end their now-meaningless existence right now.

It seems pretty ridiculous to vote for a band that is so obviously past their prime, and has already had plenty of time in the spotlight. That kind of award should go to a younger band that's actually doing something innovative at the present time.

Just so people know, the award they're eligible for is best live act and not anything related to their albums.

Ok, two things...

1. In my opinion, their new stuff is just as good as the old. They are in no way 'past their prime'.

2. You're not voting for their albums, you're voting for them live, where they usually play quite a few of their classic songs (except, of course, on the A Matter tour).

Actually, make that three...

3. The other bands are all pop-rock crap. Sure, I can see why you may want *your* favourite band to be nominated/win, but I hope you'll agree that Maiden winning is better than Coldplay or Scouting for Girls.

All of the above are, of course, my opinions :D. Thanks for voting! My CW wouldn't have any pointv if everyone agreed that they should vote.