Winds - Of Entity And Mind

Mark

Not blessed, or merciful
Apr 11, 2001
Sarf Lundin, Innit
Winds - Of Entity And Mind
Avantgarde Music - 2001
By Geir Krakedal

There has been much talk about this band and now it's time to check out their music. 5 wonderful tracks of interesting music put together with lots of variation from Hellhammer (Arcturus, Mayhem, Kovenant) and former Arcturus guitarist Carl August Tidemann with help from a few others. I'm not going to go too much into detail about each song as they are all very different from one another, but instead I will say that if you like bands such as Opeth, Katatonia, Anathema, Beyond Dawn, etc (the list goes on) then Winds is definitely also a band for you.

The musical quality and professionalism of this album astonished me from the moment I heard it, and you quickly realize here that you are dealing with a very skilled bunch who obviously have been trained in musical theory and who know how to put tones together in such a brilliant manner that few would even dare to attempt it for the risk of failing. You have everything from laid back acoustic parts to intense medodic mayhem, and beautiful clear vocals too. I'm very impressed.