Winds vs. Trans Siberian Orchestra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anvil

Brain Bubbled
Jun 2, 2004
both AMAZING bands, but who do you pick? and don't just pick one, not hearing the music of the opposite band :Smug: (too lazy to make a poll question, just post it :p)

both are different types of music, but they both are very amazing music, and very amazing pieces.

MY OPINION :

although the majority of you probably don't want to hear some 18 year old ramble on about music, so if you don't, skip this part :p
Winds has a very unique sound. So unique i believe, that they should be their own genre. I was once giving this genre of them, it being something like, Neo Progressive somethingorother Art. Anyways these guys really know how to play music. Myself being a big fan of classical music, this music really catches me. Bands like Winds, Kamelot, Therion, Adagio, Trans Siberian Orchestra, Eidolon, Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, Tarot, Tad Morose... they really know how to make music. Not this junk like Blink 182, who, I respect as people, but i don't respect them as musicians. Especially when you put no effort into making the music count. Lyrics are fine, but where is the music? Music is what counts. To me, Lyrics are nothing more then harmony of a peice.

Trans Siberian Orchestra may only be christmas oriented, but they know how to pull it off. These guys tour, so I especially have extra respect for these guys for that. Winds, I love you guys, don't take it personally :p

anyways enough of my rambling. Sorry hahaha :tickled:

Hmmmmmm that is a tough question, but I have to say Winds. The reason that being is because as you said TSO is christmas type music. They keep themselves limited and Winds has a far greater area they can roam in. They are able to make more interesting music because of that aspect. Very good question though. I do agree with what you said of the other bands as well. Not to mention there are many other bands who share those same qualities. Most notably is Opeth.

that's difficult... if Winds could tour, then it would be Winds... because it would be a whole orchestra WITH Winds... even now, itll be Winds... if TSO ever branched out and did a metal CD... then maybe itll be a different story

i don't like Blink 182 actually, i have no respsect for their music.

(you're a slut)

OPINIONS dude, don't bash someone else for their own opinion. I'm not asking you to believe in what i believe in.

AnvilSnake said:
OPINIONS dude, don't bash someone else for their own opinion. I'm not asking you to believe in what i believe in.

It's not an opinion that TSO is 'family oriented', totally 'PG' entertainment, it's a fact. Christmas music is not metal by any stretch of anyone's imagination. And anything that so many people easily enjoy can't be good. And Jack Frost is a douche. :tickled:

Seriously, I'm just pissed that anyone would compare one of my favorite bands to that pompous monstrosity.

The Grimace said:
It's not an opinion that TSO is 'family oriented', totally 'PG' entertainment, it's a fact. Christmas music is not metal by any stretch of anyone's imagination. And anything that so many people easily enjoy can't be good. And Jack Frost is a douche. :tickled:

Seriously, I'm just pissed that anyone would compare one of my favorite bands to that pompous monstrosity.

Dude, you're a metalcore worshipping cunt tart. Where do you come off criticizing any band? Go listen to Bleeding through intil the scremotional yelps fill you with enough feeling to make your mascera run! Now be off, back to GMD where you came from you arm flailing fleshy flute toting titmouse! TSO kicks ass.

ANUS PLUGGED said:
Dude, you're a metalcore worshipping cunt tart. Where do you come off criticizing any band? Go listen to Bleeding through intil the scremotional yelps fill you with enough feeling to make your mascera run! Now be off, back to GMD where you came from you arm flailing fleshy flute toting titmouse! TSO kicks ass.

Jesus, you are really a fag.

EDIT: I'm putting that shit in my sig, it's too fucking good!

:tickled: Haha, you are a funny guy "The Grimace"
I'm almost sure you're not being serious, but if you are :OMG:
Haha, funny jokes if you are being sarcastic as I think *applaudes*

Its just expressing two opinions of two different bands. If you don't like this thread, don't post in it :p

I'm going to have to agree with Jerkface. While TSO may be intertaining and have good musicians, the difference is obvious to anyone with an appreciation for art. Sort of like comparing a sculpture by Michelangelo to the Big Boy statue or a statue of Ronald McDonald. I'm not talented enough to make either of them, but the beauty and genius present in Winds' music is lacking in a band that merely covers other musician's songs. Every time I hear their music at this time of year I am impressed by their technical skill, but disgusted by how much of corporate whores they are. Basically, I fail to see how there could even be a comparison of the two bands.

when i say the word, "compare" i mean, list the differences of the two bands to each other. Not once did i say they were the same. And yes, i can tell an obvious difference, but what this thread was originally about, was giving your opinion of the two bands. And if i was to pick any band to be anything like Winds, i'd pick Adagio... but again, AN OBVIOUS DIFFERENCE.

Status
Not open for further replies.