Winter Thrice

It is indeed a great song. I had the good fortune of visiting Norway in 2008 on an unforgettable trip from Oslo across to Sognafjord and Bergen.

Borknagar just seem to be getting better and better if that's possible. One of the best bands in metal.

Hmm. I don't find myself coming back to the album despite my initial excitement and enthusiasm for it.

Me too to a certain extent, although I gave it a huge spin the first time round and I know that overall I really love 'Winter Thrice'. I know you made that post months ago and you'll likely never read this, but if you do, what do you think it is about the album that isn't bringing you back to it?

I think it's a brilliant album with a great production. I wish they would use Vortex's voice a little more, as those moments when he comes on really shine. Overall it's a brilliant album once again.

Me too to a certain extent, although I gave it a huge spin the first time round and I know that overall I really love 'Winter Thrice'. I know you made that post months ago and you'll likely never read this, but if you do, what do you think it is about the album that isn't bringing you back to it?

I think it's a brilliant album with a great production. I wish they would use Vortex's voice a little more, as those moments when he comes on really shine. Overall it's a brilliant album once again.

Not sure really. My Borknagar excitement peaked with Empiricism and sort of went downhill from there. Not sure what die hard Bork fans think of that opinion, though. I don't have a problem with Vintersorg's vocals at all and even prefer him to ICSV at this point. Also the songs are a little bit more powerful for me on that record. The newer albums just don't grab me.

Not sure really. My Borknagar excitement peaked with Empiricism and sort of went downhill from there. Not sure what die hard Bork fans think of that opinion, though. I don't have a problem with Vintersorg's vocals at all and even prefer him to ICSV at this point. Also the songs are a little bit more powerful for me on that record. The newer albums just don't grab me.

I got into the band with 'Empiricism' after roughly knowing about them for about five years before that album. I've really loved everything since, and when I hear 'Winter Thrice' it's definitely as good as anything - especially that title track which I think is the best song they've ever created. I wish Vortex sung more on the album, but I agree, Vintersorg is amazing and he's the sound of Borknagar to my ears. The three vocalist thing is amazing.

I think with current digital media it's hard to gauge bands these days. For instance, this forum. Where are the Borknagar fans? I know most just download the album for free, which I hate with all my being, but unless you head to Facebook it's hard to know what the hell people even think of it.

It's too easy for albums to come and go these days. 'Winter Thrice' - great album. Love it.

Winter Thrice is up there in my top 3 favorite Bork albums. It holds a particularly special place in my life now because it came out around the time that my son was born and we used to listen to the vinyl with him when he was barely a few months old.