Borknagar vocalists

requiem

I bleed sir, but not killed
Jul 6, 2001
Australia
One of the things that keeps me coming back to almighty Borknagar is the vocal arrangements, especially on the last couple of albums. Having Vintersorg, Vortex and Lars all contributing to the albums makes for such an amazing listening experience, and I guess we are all into their various bands where they are the main singers.

What are your favourite aspects of Borknagar vocals?

I love Vintersorg's voice, but when Vortex comes in with a grand chorus it's hard to beat. Also the smooth sound of Lars is great and really interesting on his usual solo song on the last few albums. Personally, I think Vortex should have more of a role, especially on 'Winter Thrice'.

And as for Garm/Trickster G, whatever you want to call him, the legend!, on the 'Winter Thrice' track - well, what can I say. An incredible guy.

What are your thoughts on the singers? Have they got the balance right?

I just love that the band contains most of my favorite metal vocalists. It often feels too good to be true. The fact that they're finally beginning to utilize every singer is a dream come true for me.

I just love that the band contains most of my favorite metal vocalists. It often feels too good to be true. The fact that they're finally beginning to utilize every singer is a dream come true for me.

Probably for most of the Borkies fans...