BORKNAGAR announces first ever tour of South America

Drummer Dave Kinkade

I'm in the band
Nov 8, 2008
All over
www.myspace.com
With the recent changes in the band, Borknagar is now able to hit the road and meet the fans face to face. We are very pleased to announce that Borknagar is now gearing up to head to South America, a continent never visited by the band before.

The “UNIVERSAL COURSE TOUR” is scheduled to kick off in September 2010 visiting the following cities:

16/09 - Caracas/Venezuela
17/09 - Bogota/Colombia
18/09 - Quito/Ecuador
19/09 - Lima/Peru
22/09 - La Paz/Bolivia
23/09 - Santiago/Chile
24/09 - Buenos Aires/Argentina
25/09 - São Paulo/Brasil

All venue information will be made available on the official Borknagar myspace (myspace.com/borknagar) once they have been confirmed.
The lineup will be:

Øystein G. Brun
ICS Vortex
Jens F. Ryland
Lars A. Nedland
David Kinkade

Øystein G. Brun comments:
"Damn, I am really looking forward to this! BORKNAGAR is all about explorations and breaching limits, so heading for South America to do these dates is just what I am ready for now. I am sure this will be a very special event for me, the band and our South American fans! See you soon!"

JENS F. FYLAND comments:
"I never thought this would happen, but I'm going on another tour with my brother ICS Vortex and best of all, I'm going to explore a continent I've always wanted to visit together with a few of my favorite people. I'm very proud to again be able to say: See you on tour folks!"

BorkSApromoflyerENGLISHsmaller.jpg

But yeah please tell us whether or not there's the possibility of new shows and shows in North America because if not I will need to buy plane tickets and stuff and arrange a trip. Also, congrats,this is gonna be a lot of fun for you guys :D

But yeah please tell us whether or not there's the possibility of new shows and shows in North America because if not I will need to buy plane tickets and stuff and arrange a trip.

You could go and just tour part of South America at the same time!

And I think that Defiance and Allfader are still in shock somewhere...

Well, thing is college starts again September 7th so... I don't have that luxury, I could book time off and buy a ticket and arrange something but it'd have to be under the fact that there are not coming to North America. I am down to go, this is a rare once in a lifetime thing, but I will die if I orchestrate this and they come to NA 6 months later :p

OMG X 1000000!!!!!!
Dreams come true?...
Im Chilean and i live in Santiago!......DAMN!!!! THIS F****ing RULES!!!!
Tanx a lot Borknagar.... i was waiting this for years!!!!

Well, thing is college starts again September 7th so... I don't have that luxury, I could book time off and buy a ticket and arrange something but it'd have to be under the fact that there are not coming to North America. I am down to go, this is a rare once in a lifetime thing, but I will die if I orchestrate this and they come to NA 6 months later :p

Mate, I don't know what to say to not be missunderstood.

There's nothing more planned at the moment, and I don't think we will plan anything until we have done this first tour and get a feeling how this works out.

But I can also add that from a personal point of view I will work hard to persuade this gang to do more tours. But there's limitations to our schedules and we would need a considerable time to cover the territories I'd like to cover. But as always, be patient and stay with us and eventually we'll show up ;)

OH, MY CTHULHU!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!! (I'm shocked as fuck!!)

I have no words to express the happiness that I feel right now. I thought that the only way I could see live one of my fav bands ever was to travel thousands of kms, now they will come to my country. I'll be already living on Santiago in september, so there's no way that I could miss this. it's a once in a livetime chance. I'm thinking on attend the gig in Argentina too, regardless if the venue in Chile is confirmed or not.

Thanx guys, really. This was always a dream for me and now it's (almost) a fact. I hope I could say you 'thanx' personally.

This was always a dream for me and now it's (almost) a fact. I hope I could say you 'thanx' personally.

I agree perfectly with that phrase Allfader...i hope the producer can organize a sign session or something like that, so we will can be near of the band and say that "THANX" face to face!.

in before Defiance and Allfader :D

…

I am so looking forward to this!!! Hope to see you on the road.

…

AHHHHH I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!! OH MY, OH MY, OH MY!!!!!

I'm definitely going to the gig in Colombia!!!! I'll somehow manage to get there, and even if I'll miss my M.A. classes I'll go!!!

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!

Holy crap I think I'm going to be sick.

More:

I'd like to know if you're going to the US because it may be cheaper to go there than to Colombia, ironically enough.

More:

Now entering denial stage as I actually can go.

after this you HAVE to tour also south europe .... you MUST do it! or vortex come back won't be justified! :eek:

JESUS FUCKIN CHRIST E________E I..I... *_____________________________________* I dont know what to say...thats... ;___;
Its a dream coming true e.e I think i wrote all wrong but jesus christ