I.C.S Vortex steps in to handle bass and vocals for upcoming BORKNAGAR tour.

And now we have this. For me this is the perfect situation. I get to play live and we're able to work around the limitations we all have
My sentiments exactly.

And while you all speculate in our future, when, what and where I can say that so do we. We don't know yet how this will play out, but I intend to have some fun while I find out :)

---------Jens

Ah, that really calmed me down :p I thought this was all planned and being fed to us bit by bit to hype it up, that raises the level of excitement and makes people impatient for the next bit. But if it's still being worked out then take your time, just PLEASE try to cross the pond. I know it's expensive and difficult but it'll be worthwhile in the long run (a lot of bands come to Canada on mini-tours first ie: Ensiferum, Norther, Catamenia, then come back with much larger plans). You don't need me to tell you what to do but let me dream out loud :lol:

Seems I got to weigh my words here as people read all kinds of stuff into this...

Let me first explain what I ment with my sentence earlier: "Only negative thing is that Tyr didn't want to go along with this." What I mean is that I'm sad that we can't make plans and arrangements that include everyone in the Borknagar family and in my eyes the only negative thing that has come out of this so far is the fact that Tyr has left us.

What you see here is work in progress. I don't have a grand plan from 6 months back in time that I now feed you bit by bit to. Yes, some things are off course connected, and some things happen like chain of events. I can't tell you any more news now cause I have none confirmed. We're obviously working on some live- dates as stated, but we need a bit of time to get everything settled. Mind you there's gonna be rumours now...

All of us (well except Dave) have family, work or other obligations that prevent us from touring for months and months even if that was an option. We have now an arrangement with Vortex stepping in for Vintersorg as Vintersorg doesn't have any possibilities at this time to do any gigs at all. This doesn't mean we will never do any more gigs with Vintersorg.
With Lars I can say he is a very bussy guy with a lot of responsibilities in his job. He will join us if he can, but he has been so generous and supporting as to encourage us to go ahead and play live even if he's otherwise engaged. But I think he will come, so don't worry :)

So I appologize for my bad english and typos, I hope no more missunderstandings comes from this...

It makes sense, totally. Music is your passion, but you have to have real jobs to support your family and your passion. No job will let you go away for two months to do a tour. It's saddening to fans who want to see you all over the world, but I would say most of us completely understand the reasons why you guys can't.

It makes sense, totally. Music is your passion, but you have to have real jobs to support your family and your passion. No job will let you go away for two months to do a tour. It's saddening to fans who want to see you all over the world, but I would say most of us completely understand the reasons why you guys can't.

Yes, but there's always a way to work something out. I would more like them to hit up a festival, if they can't do a tour, at least do 1 or 2 shows where a high volume of fans can see them OR just buy me a plane ticket to go over and see them :lol:

Jens stated it perfect.
Realise, when we get any info confirmed, we tell you straight away. There really isnt anything that gets delayed to the fans at all and I kinda take pride in that. For this band to go from playing almost never to what we are trying to arrange for the future is really a BIG step for these guys with their familys and work schedules.....so them working stuff out so we can tour and make special things happen really shows me how strong of a band we are in the core. Hopefully, this next phase of the band will grow into something even better for all the fans and of course, us. Im really excited for everyone who has been waiting years to finally see the band.....including myself, having been a Bork fan for many years....its a real pleasure to have bandmates who are this cool and fans who are SO heavy about this stuff. It makes us know that our efforts are really appreciated. Also, trust me....Im planning on documenting the hell out of and building a collection of everything from whatever becomes of us over these next few chapters. I don't know if this would be for a DVD or just webisodes but regardless, I will totally make sure that you guys get to journey into the process of it all. Let the fun begin!!!

Thanks for the clarification Jens, i think we all are a bit nervous coz we want to know more about all thes news of Borknagar. And you know, the people tend to be very suspicious. But you we are sure that...if Bork goes on tour, with Garm, Vintersorg or Vortex, if we can, all we will go...

I don't think he meant DVD or even a documentary, just said he'd document it. Guys need to calm down or else no one is gonna tell us anything since there's 100 different speculations on every little thing :lol:

All my support to you. I see this is an effort and it's gonna be worthy. It's a pity for Vintersorg not to be able to go but Vortex is a good replacement for this tour, as I said. And I hope Lars will go too.

I'm from Spain and I suppose it will be extremely difficult for you to come here. I will take a plane to a European city where you play. Any possibility in having Vortex and V in a gig in Sweden? That would be very interesting.

Hey there, Borknadettes. I just wanted you to know that I am doing everything I can to join the rest of the guys on this tour. There's a lot of things happening in my television-career these days, but I hope and believe that I'll find the time to do this nonetheless, and I really hope to see you all on the road!

Hey there, Borknadettes. I just wanted you to know that I am doing everything I can to join the rest of the guys on this tour. There's a lot of things happening in my television-career these days, but I hope and believe that I'll find the time to do this nonetheless, and I really hope to see you all on the road!

Lars is in South Africa!

No offence to any of the other member, but I want to see you play more then everyone. I love every music project you're involved in!:lol:

No offence to any of the other member, but I want to see you play more then everyone. I love every music project you're involved in!:lol:

Everytime I try to think of who I'd like to see most I just think of what the others have done and it's a constant tug of war :lol: Jens, Oystein, Lars, Dave... now Vortex... :worship: