I.C.S Vortex steps in to handle bass and vocals for upcoming BORKNAGAR tour.

Drummer Dave Kinkade

I'm in the band
Nov 8, 2008
All over
www.myspace.com
I.C.S Vortex steps in to handle bass and vocals for upcoming BORKNAGAR tour.

The band is currently working on touring plans for the future. Due to private commitments Vintersorg is unfortunately not able to join the band on the road for the moment being. Because of this, I.C.S. Vortex will step in to the fold to handle vocal and bass for upcoming live activities.

Øystein G. Brun comments:
“As stated in several interviews the last couple of month’s it’s our firm intention to bring the band’s live activities up a notch- in respect for all our fans. There is just no way we can dismiss all the requests we get all over the world. We are currently working on some really interesting touring plans, but unfortunately our brother in music Vintersorg is not able to come along for the moment being due to private commitments. So Vortex being a previous member and always a good friend of the band, it feels great to have him back in the fold in order to execute these plans. Also, I would like to express my deepest admiration for Vintersorg’s open minded and supportive attitude, embracing the idea to pull this off with Vortex in his absence- to make this a genuine and worthy solution for BORKNAGAR.”

Vintersorg comments:
“This is just what the band needs at the moment. I’m not leaving the band or anything like that, but my work situation is holding me back for doing these shows. I know I.C.S Vortex will bring all his personality and skills into this to make it perfect! I wish I could be there.”

I.C.S Vortex comments:
“I am looking forward to see all you old school helmet-wearing mo-fos on the road
and to spend some quality time once again with my favorite vikings.
Let’s make this event "a really special BM party come on!!" :D”

More information about concerts will be posted soon!​

It's a pity that Mr V couldn't make it but Vortex is incredible too!!

I have a question: will Borknagar play some material from the 'Vintersorg era'? I ask this mainly for the bass duties, since Vortex will sing and play bass and the bass since empiricism has been just intrincate fretless work.

Any idea when tour dates will be announced?

Although I'm disappointed that Mr V can't play, I think it's a really good show of character that he's willing to let the band tour without him.

HOLY COW! you guys are so good at surprising your fans. This sounds incredible! I really hope you're coming to New York for this tour. Normally I'd be quite disappointed if one of my favorite bands were playing without their singer, but naturally Borknagar would have a mind blowingly awesome alternative. And major props to Mr. V for being such a respectable human being! Truly an amazing example and just further proof of what a rare group of people/band Borknagar are/is.

Wow, is really sad that we will cant see Mr V and Vortex Together, anyway...but damn!!...thats a really good news :)...

I will be on italy and germany this august....i just hope they play there... coz i live sooooo far, thats will be my only chance to see them live.

some fears come true....the step to the replacement can be nearer than i expected.....
it's not a good news to me.... :erk:

OMFG first I couldn't believe what I read... news of the year for me, no doubt!
I dunno which news I should rank higher: Tour? Or Vortex back on vocals temporarily?

Although I'm disappointed that Mr V can't play, I think it's a really good show of character that he's willing to let the band tour without him.

absolutely!

OH MY.

Now this I didn't expect! These are incredible news!!! :headbang:

I'm glad the band has listened to the fans and decided to tour more, thank you very much!

It'd be interesting to see the band tour with Vortex again, although I'mkind of sad Mr V isn't going to tour.

So what I said a few days ago about Vortex being the bass player was true! Hahaha! :p

But as Allfader said, I wonder if Vortex will be able to play and sing at the same time, since some bass lines are pretty difficult.

Dear god this is the most unbeliavble thing I have ever read. Also pretty sure that this isn't coming to NA, BUT PLEASE TELL ME NOW IF THAT IS 100% SO I CAN GET A PASSPORT AND SOME MONEY TOGETHER.

Dear god this is the most unbeliavble thing I have ever read. Also pretty sure that this isn't coming to NA, BUT PLEASE TELL ME NOW IF THAT IS 100% SO I CAN GET A PASSPORT AND SOME MONEY TOGETHER.

I don't think they'd be going to the North America, but considering that Dave is part of the band, there might be a slight chance. If they do come to NA, I might actually go.

I guess we all are, but could there be a better replacement than Simen Hestnaes? I don't think so :dopey:

Mr Rygg would be an excellent temporary replacement too.

If they are gonna do a big tour, I will seriously consider putting some of my life savings towards going. I mean this is a once in a lifetime thing I'm assuming. But I'd need to get a passport together and shit so I'm hoping for some more news so I can decide :p I would hate to drop 2 thousands dollars then they come to NA 6 months later :loco:

:lol: :lol: I was just thinking of my post in that thread... you can't blame me though who would have ever thought that this would happen?? Even with Tyr's departure...