I.C.S Vortex steps in to handle bass and vocals for upcoming BORKNAGAR tour.

Djöfull;9152358 said:
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone's got'em!

Here's my fecal matter on the subject:

Cool news.. I think Vortex should return full blast( he was in the best song on the last album). Vintersorg has had his time. Great artist, but he's best suited for his own project in this anno domini.

No, Vortex was in Borknagar and left the band. He had his chance, and then Vintersorg became the vocalist. My Domain is a great song, but certainly not the best IMO. If you want to listen to Vortex, simply listen to the old albums.

No, Vortex was in Borknagar and left the band.
I never said otherwise...:loco: I know the history of the band, amigo...
If you want to listen to Vortex, simply listen to the old albums.
Well dööö.. Of course I will. But that doesn't mean my musical craving for a Vortex album with Borknagar ceases to be! I'm not convinced by your persuasions. Rivaling each others musical tastes seems pretty futile...

(Goes listening to AHA - Crying in the rain.)

Djöfull;9154705 said:
I never said otherwise...:loco: I know the history of the band, amigo...

Well dööö.. Of course I will. But that doesn't mean my musical craving for a Vortex album with Borknagar ceases to be! I'm not convinced by your persuasions. Rivaling each others musical tastes seems pretty futile...

(Goes listening to AHA - Crying in the rain.)

So? I'm not "rivalling" musical tastes, I love every Bork era, but for me it seems an insult to the band to want Vortex back, Vintersorg being the vocalist. I think your "problem" is that you love Vortex too much (who doesn't?), but I think it's wrong to want him specifically in Borknagar. He has other bands, including Arcturus, so why have him sing in Bork?

I look at it two ways:

1) It is an insult that a big group of people constantly clamour for Vortex to rejoin and to kick out Vintersorg.

2) People want what the people want. You can't ignore your fans. Opinions are opinions but it sometimes has some benefits to listen.

It's a toss up... though not for anyone but the band to think about and really we're not even in that situation :loco: He's just sitting this next tour out because of other commitments when the rest of the band is ready to go. Pretty good break if you ask me. My only reasoning for Vortex back in isn't to do with who sounds better, I strongly believe that at the end of the day Vortex will bring in more sales/fans/etc... which is shallow but these guys fucking deserve it... 10 years and they are on the new artist top 100 list... I think with a bigger push (which it seems the new label is helping) and more touring (in NA), Borknagar could be 10x-100x what they are now in terms of sales, fans, etc.

I think your "problem" is that you love Vortex too much (who doesn't?),
I've been a bigger fan of Vintersorg than Vortex(Empiricism is still the best Borkie album). But the idea of having Vortex in the band seems fresh to me. The alternative Mr. V staying is fine. I think he has done much of what can be done with the band.

I'm not trying to pressure the band into anything.. do whatever you want as long as you feel freschhhh.. It would astound me if the really feel insulted by different( humble) opinions. Some of you are creating too much drama.

Although I'll settle for an Arcturus reunion regarding Vortex... hehe

I look at it two ways:

1) It is an insult that a big group of people constantly clamour for Vortex to rejoin and to kick out Vintersorg.

2) People want what the people want. You can't ignore your fans. Opinions are opinions but it sometimes has some benefits to listen.

It's a toss up... though not for anyone but the band to think about and really we're not even in that situation :loco: He's just sitting this next tour out because of other commitments when the rest of the band is ready to go. Pretty good break if you ask me. My only reasoning for Vortex back in isn't to do with who sounds better, I strongly believe that at the end of the day Vortex will bring in more sales/fans/etc... which is shallow but these guys fucking deserve it... 10 years and they are on the new artist top 100 list... I think with a bigger push (which it seems the new label is helping) and more touring (in NA), Borknagar could be 10x-100x what they are now in terms of sales, fans, etc.

I seriously doubt Borknagar wants more sales, they all have jobs, so (as far as I know) Borky sales are just an extra income. Everyone here knows that Borknagar deserves better recognition, but that's, perhaps, what makes the band and it's fan-base so wonderful: The fact that, even after fifteen years, the band is relatively unknown, and they still continue to play. Why? For love of music and transmitting intelligent and well-argued messages. That is priceless, and one of the few reasons why the band has my total and unconditional respect and support.

EVERYONE chill out.....all good things come to those who wait.

Hehe I think that everyone is like this because we're all feeling very excited, but at the same time weird with all the recent news.

Djöfull;9154776 said:
I've been a bigger fan of Vintersorg than Vortex(Empiricism is still the best Borkie album). But the idea of having Vortex in the band seems fresh to me. The alternative Mr. V staying is fine. I think he has done much of what can be done with the band.

I'm not trying to pressure the band into anything.. do whatever you want as long as you feel freschhhh.. It would astound me if the really feel insulted by different( humble) opinions. Some of you are creating too much drama.

Although I'll settle for an Arcturus reunion regarding Vortex... hehe

It is, indeed, a fresh idea, but only for the tour. Andreas is an incredibly talented an original musician, so IMO he's far from being done with the band.

Hehe I know, I'm like a girl with this kind of stuff.

Oh yeah, and even Vortex said that "Concerning Arcturus, some say 2011 is the magic number". Hence, one more year to go for more eargasms!

Cheers! :headbang:

:lol: yeah. Seriously, this is the nicest forum I've ever seen. We sometimes fight, but I see them more as "friendly discussions". You should see the Opeth or In Flames forum. There was so much fighting and even attacks towards the band members, that they actually closed them down and started anew; without the previous fans and band members.

Hehe I know, I'm like a girl with this kind of stuff.

I want pics of you in a dress. Posted here. Now. :lol:

Speaking of us girls, I recently had a weekend where I travelled down to Portland to a two day black metal festival, and I shared the hotel room with three other women. OMG the squealing that went on when talking about the various bands and projects that we liked, who we saw on tour, gossip on folk in the local 'scene', etc. Oh, it was loads of fun.

And yes - I shrieked a little bit when I read the word 'tour'.

Keep it civil...

I can not in any way see why it should be negative that we play a few gigs with Vortex while Vintersorg is bussy on the home- pitch. None! Only a month back we had a very confusing and frustrating situation in Borknagar where some of us wanted to play live, some didn't and some couldn't. And now we have this. For me this is the perfect situation. I get to play live and we're able to work around the limitations we all have, specially Lazare and Vintersorg, but we don't suffer from them. Everyone's happy and I think you'll all be. Only negative thing is that Tyr didn't want to go along with this.

And while you all speculate in our future, when, what and where I can say that so do we. We don't know yet how this will play out, but I intend to have some fun while I find out :)

---------Jens

i had the weird feeling that the two events were connected :rolleyes:
it all happened so fast!

edit: clearly my message has no meaning now, being the previous message deleted...

Keep it civil...

I can not in any way see why it should be negative that we play a few gigs with Vortex while Vintersorg is bussy on the home- pitch. None! Only a month back we had a very confusing and frustrating situation in Borknagar where some of us wanted to play live, some didn't and some couldn't. And now we have this. For me this is the perfect situation. I get to play live and we're able to work around the limitations we all have, specially Lazare and Vintersorg, but we don't suffer from them. Everyone's happy and I think you'll all be. Only negative thing is that Tyr didn't want to go along with this.

And while you all speculate in our future, when, what and where I can say that so do we. We don't know yet how this will play out, but I intend to have some fun while I find out :)

---------Jens

Wait, Lars isn't doing the tour?

I think it´s a fantastic idea bring back to an old member of the band and going on tour!!..nothing wrong with that.

For what i see all fans are so excited about this news, i´m from spain and on some xtreem music forums,everyone are really happy about borknagar touring and vortex back again!