I.C.S Vortex steps in to handle bass and vocals for upcoming BORKNAGAR tour.

Dear god this is the most unbeliavble thing I have ever read. Also pretty sure that this isn't coming to NA, BUT PLEASE TELL ME NOW IF THAT IS 100% SO I CAN GET A PASSPORT AND SOME MONEY TOGETHER.

Same here. I'm actually thinking about to travel if they play in USA. It's a lot more affordable than going to Norway from here.

Gah. I love Borknagar, but I also love Vintersorg's vocals the best.

Gah.

I'll just wait and see how details pan out before I flail in either direction.

It was obvious someone had to come up with that ;)
but Trickster on Bass?

Who said Garm on bass? Vortex would do the bass, Garm the vocals. And then Mr V will come out for a surprise threesome! o_O :headbang:

Gah. I love Borknagar, but I also love Vintersorg's vocals the best.

Yeah I prefer Mr V's vocals, but if Vortex = more touring, then I won't complain.

Like Allfader, I might actually consider going to the US if they go there.

i'm a bit perplexed.
i don't know if to be happy or not.
i mean.... maybe i could see borknagar live (even if i'm quite sure they would not come to italy, but they might play near the borders) but these are not those borknagar i would like to see....sorry but i'm not a big fan of vortex work in borknagar.... :erk:
and...as i said on the other forum, the departure of tyr last week and this announcement sound a little bit weird so close in time, like it was planned before!

Mr. V is my fave Borky singer, however...

This is AWESOME news.

AWESOME.

Vortex will finally be getting to do some real vocal work (My Domain aside) for the first time in how long? Gotta be excited. It's not like Mr.V is leaving the band.

But... can you imagine if we end up with both Mr.V and Vortex in the band? Too fucken awesome.

i'm a bit perplexed.
i mean.... maybe i could see borknagar live (even if i'm quite sure they would not come to italy, but they might play near the borders) but these are not those borknagar i would like to see....sorry but i'm not a big fan of vortex work in borknagar.... :erk:
and...as i said on the other forum, the departure of tyr last week and this announcement sound a little bit weird so close in time, like it was planned before!

I'm happy either way, really. But, I'm also waiting for more details.

i'm a bit perplexed.

Yeah it was probably all planned, 'tis a conspiracy! What more could happen? o_O

As I said before, if this means a tour in NA, I'm happy. I'll always prefer Bork with Mr V, but it'd be nice to go old-school and see Vortex doing the vocals.

Mr. V is my fave Borky singer, however...

This is AWESOME news.

AWESOME.

Vortex will finally be getting to do some real vocal work (My Domain aside) for the first time in how long? Gotta be excited. It's not like Mr.V is leaving the band.

But... can you imagine if we end up with both Mr.V and Vortex in the band? Too fucken awesome.

Yeah, that'd be nice, but I don't think he'll be the new bass player. Vortex did good vocals in Puritanical EM, but, for the most part, his talent was wasted.

It'd be the same as Mr. V and Lazare now... two fucking epic talents, one of which isn't being used as much :loco:

Yeah Lars is simply excellent.

If you see Borknagar has been a band that has had every great member of the Norge scene: Ivar Bjornson (Enslaved), Garm, Vortex, Vintersorg, Lazare, Tyr, and the rest of the current band. Really, what an awesome band.

Opinions are like arseholes, everyone's got'em!

Here's my fecal matter on the subject:

Cool news.. I think Vortex should return full blast( he was in the best song on the last album). Vintersorg has had his time. Great artist, but he's best suited for his own project in this anno domini.

I think it's neat Borknagar has 2 singers now, this way they can divide the songs up old /new and experiment on the next record. That's a shame work is holding Vintersorg back from touring, may Vortex hold the fort down. Now the band can get even more interesting with this lineup, I just hope Vintersorg doesn't leave because this quite a shock.

It's very interesting. Vintersorg's era is my favourite, but it's very interesting to have Vortex on the tour. I mean, I like V very much and he's my favourite Borknagar singer, but I saw Borknagar with him in Wacken last year, now I have the chance to see the band with Vortex.

How is going to be the setlist like? There will be new songs, from Universal, won't there?

Same, but I really wanna know A) when the tour will be so I know what to start getting ready and B) what is the likelihood of an NA tour (probably not good but still)... I really don't want to spend a good chunk of my income going to Europe only to find 6 months later they come here... :erk:

I hope these "interesting touring plans" include Canada somehow... wow. Awesome.

Vortex or Vintersorg, I'm just excited that a band I never expected to really "tour" again will be doing so, opening the slight possibility that I'll get to see them.