Jens F. Ryland leaving Borknagar

Jun 19, 2002
www.borknagar.com
Our second guitarist Jens F. Ryland has decided to leave Borknagar. His decision is based on various personal reasons, but we would like to state that there is no conflict nor bad blood in relations to the break. On behalf of Borknagar, I wish him all the best for the future and!

This will have no effect on the recording of our new album. We will start recording the album at Toproom Studios in mid- march and we'll record sporadically till the end om July. Expect an late year release!

Regards,

Øystein G. Brun and BORKNAGAR

And I thought you guys were keeping the same line-up for the next album... Damnit, I think I lost a bet now.. :( I'm sorry to see Jens go, he is a cool guy and it seemed he was always focused on the band. Will he still be doing management stuff for the band, or did he already quit that as well?

Hello X!

He is burned out and tired of everything regarding the band, so he is out of the picture all the line. As far as I have understood him, he gonna resignate from all relations to music for a while so the future will tell what he is going to do. The music business is a killing field so to speak. Take care man!

seeing a member to go is always sad :( wish him luck for the future. ... but who knows, a new guitarist may give some plus to the music... if a new guitarist joins the band sometime ..?

Uhhhhhhhhhh... that's sad news.... :cry:
But I can understand Jens if he feels burned out... you have to find a point then where you stop doing what burns you out.
And yes, the music biz is a big killing field... unfortunately...

All the best to Jens.

Still looking forward to the new release, who ever plays the guitar then... hehe

Originally posted by Øystein G. Brun
Just to kill any romours- I'll do all the guitars on the next album.

Well, there's no doubt it will sound like Borknagar!

In all seriousness, it's always tough when a band has to change lineups. First, there's finding a person who is a good fit as far as their own style of playing, musical goals, and personality type. Then, once you have found the person, it's to catch them up to speed on what you are playing (learning songs, etc)

That said, it's great that you were able to part ways without any bad blood.

Good luck in choosing your next guitarist, and working him in.

Hello X!

He is burned out and tired of everything regarding the band, so he is out of the picture all the line. As far as I have understood him, he gonna resignate from all relations to music for a while so the future will tell what he is going to do. The music business is a killing field so to speak. Take care man!

Hey man, I hope everything is alright besides Jens leaving the band. I can imagine being burned out at some point. Didn't he also organise a metal festival, and then playing in a band and doing management stuff... it's a lot of music yeah...

I am looking forward to the next album... :)

He is burned out and tired of everything regarding the band

:eek:(

Very sad news. First he pulls out of the Inferno Festival,
now Borknagar... :eek:(

Well.... Good luck in the future Jens! Hope you find your
way back to the music eventually, if it feels right :eek:)