BORKNAGAR announces first ever tour of South America

yes i know.
it make me laught when jens spoke about "really enthusiastic fans", because it reminded me this friend of mine telling about this extreme episiode :lol:

In fact...they are "so enthusiastic"....I remember one time...when Candlemass was here, a desperate guy asked to me (on spanish of course)..."how can i ask him(to Messiah Marcolin) if he can spit my shirt on english?"....he was a real fan i think...hahahaha

I went to see Korpi at Valparaíso, since I was invited to. It went really well, even I went with the band to drink some beers. Nice guys. They walked by the streets and nothing really happened.

I hope you won't face any trouble at Colombia, it's a great country full of nice metalheads. Just their politics sucks.

About the english stuff, that's true haha. I guess you won't find any problem with the people here cause they'll only say hi and - if able - ask for a picture or something like that.

But should I go to Colombia? You're really scaring me. I tried to not be stereotypical, but I only see not-so-nice news from Colombia here.

Allfader, what do you recommend?

But should I go to Colombia? You're really scaring me. I tried to not be stereotypical, but I only see not-so-nice news from Colombia here.

What the Allfader Vise sees:

I think the Borknagar gig will count with enough safety to travel and perform. I know some people from there and, even if it's true that they're really excited about this touring, the behavior of Borknagar fans will be good enough.

As I said before, this kind of incidents just happen with huge heavy/thrash bands. So don't worry ;)

naaa i don't think you have to be scared.
this friend of mine went to so many concerts during his stay in colombia without any kind of problem.
the only problematic concerts was the two i've mentioned before (slayer and iron maiden), one of those groups (i don't remember exactly which, but i suppose iron maiden) was in colombia for the first time, so there was a great expectation for the show and many fans were upset for not being able to see it.
so...even if we all know how good borknagar are, they don't have a such high number of followers, i suppose :lol:

i just mentioned that episode because of jens' funny statement, you asked me more explanations and i linked the videos.
but as darklord said, they are just extreme episode. i don't see anything really dangerous in someone who asks his idol to spit over his t-shirt, just something really hilarious and absurd! :lol:

naaa i don't think you have to be scared.
this friend of mine went to so many concerts during his stay in colombia without any kind of problem.
the only problematic concerts was the two i've mentioned before (slayer and iron maiden), one of those groups (i don't remember exactly which, but i suppose iron maiden) was in colombia for the first time, so there was a great expectation for the show and many fans were upset for not being able to see it.
so...even if we all know how good borknagar are, they don't have a such high number of followers, i suppose :lol:

i just mentioned that episode because of jens' funny statement, you asked me more explanations and i linked the videos.
but as darklord said, they are just extreme episode. i don't see anything really dangerous in someone who asks his idol to spit over his t-shirt, just something really hilarious and absurd! :lol:

But what if I ask Lars to spit on my shirt… will there be a riot after that? :(

I'm so happy right now...i have tears in my eyes!! My heart it's about to explode!!!
I cant' believe it!!! Thanks, just thanks!!!
See you in Argentina!!!

I might actually be going to Quito instead of Bogotá, hurrah! For some reason it's cheaper to go there than to Bogotá. I'll be going with the student fare mua hahahaha.

It's actually going to happen! Now I just need to organise my money, and all should be fine.

Has anyone been to Quito? Is it safe?

But what if I ask Lars to spit on my shirt… will there be a riot after that? :(

You just will be spat by a heavily constipated Lars, like this:

spitting_llama.jpg

EDIT: Since you'll be going to quito, try to see this band live with Ronaldinho on vocals ;)

Sorry for the OT XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa! This is year is being awesome with shows here in South America. Dark tranquillity, Lacuna Coil. I could not see any of these because I live in Rio, a neighbor town. But this time, i´ll find some way to go to São Paulo, watch borknagar LIVE! And please, do some kind of meeting! We fans need a prove that Borknagar really came to Brasil!!

You just will be spat by a heavily constipated Lars, like this:

spitting_llama.jpg

EDIT: Since you'll be going to quito, try to see this band live with Ronaldinho on vocals ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3kqfo8DlsY

*plop*

Oh my, I'm depressed. I don't think I'll be able to go to the concerts, which makes me really sad. The problems are that (1) I'm going to a translation congress in Colorado in October, and (2) I can pay for the ticket to Quito, but not for the stay there (i.e. food and a roof). Let's see how it goes, I'll do my best.

I still can't believe it. When I was 12 years old I said: "I'll work so when I got older I can see these guys live. Hopefully they don't die neither quit the scene." And when I knew this, a small tear flowed through my face and I was shaking like a kid.

I don't have words to express my gratitude. No one. So I will just save them and wait for you guys.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!

Man... I often notice that on so many metal bands' forums, there are always South American members, clearly die-hard fans, just aching for the band to come play for them and nobody ever does. So I'm really happy for all those folks down south who are going to get to see Borknagar! I will keep my fingers crossed that this will mean more shows to come a little further north... well, a lot further north... but I'm really happy for you guys!

Man... I often notice that on so many metal bands' forums, there are always South American members, clearly die-hard fans, just aching for the band to come play for them and nobody ever does. So I'm really happy for all those folks down south who are going to get to see Borknagar! I will keep my fingers crossed that this will mean more shows to come a little further north... well, a lot further north... but I'm really happy for you guys!

Yeah man, you're right. But I can't blame bands. You know, situation in this part of the globe is kinda fucked up, and probably no one wants to go to play and lose money in the way. And also there is a BIG security problem (not talking about fans, but "normal" robbers).

Jens F. Ryland said:
I'm sure we can arrange something like a signing- session or meet and greet he he.
But it seems like we'll be a bit more "protected" in SA then we're used to with bodyguards and all that stuff as the crowd has a reputation for being, well lets say a bit more enthusiastic he he. I ususally just hang out with a beer in the crowd after, so lets see if that's an option

Believe me, at least in Argentina, you won't have problems with fans. Of course better to be prepared, but if a guy can afford to buy a ticket to see you, he/she probably is not a bad-educated guy/girl. Problems here are directly associated with money. We're not monkeys or gorillas! At least not all of us! Hahahaha.

Cheers and thanks!

You guys are great. Thanks for the kind words....we cant wait to go to South America and play for all the fans down there. We will have a sick set of songs for you.

I think we need to thank you all, to make our dream come true, cant wait to go to São Paulo and see this show :D:D:D:D Its gonna be awesome \m/ \m/ Still hopping for some autographs and photos to immortalize the momment :D

If you guys play Colossus, The Genuine Pulse and The Eye of Oden my body is all yours (?
Can't wait anymore for that ass kicking metal performance!