BORKNAGAR "UNIVERSAL COURSE TOUR- dates and venues updated- MEXICO DATES ADDED!!!

Drummer Dave Kinkade

I'm in the band
Nov 8, 2008
All over
www.myspace.com
The final routing for the South American tour including two shows in Mexico is now settled:

17/09 - Circo Volador - Mexico City/Mexico
18/09 - Arena Santa Lucia - Monterrey/Mexico
19/09 - Teatro La Mama - Bogota/Colombia
21/09 - Centro Comercial Mundial - La Paz/Bolivia
23/09 - Club Rock & Guitarras - Santiago/Chile
24/09 - Asbury Rock - Buenos Aires/Argentina
25/09 - Manifesto Bar - São Paulo/Brasil
26/09 - Bangu Atlético Club - Rio de Janeiro

Øystein G. Brun comments:
“We are now closing in for the South American tour in September and we are all really exited to head for the southern hemisphere. We are currently wrapping up the final songs for the setlist and it will indeed be a special event- as I.C.S Vortex will handle bass and vocals- and we will play several songs we never before have performed live. So hang in there, we will be around in less than two months. Hope to see you all folks! “

Lars Nedland comments:
“We have waited so long to be able to see South America, and now everything is finally set. This will be epic, and I can not wait to meet our of loyal fans face to face."

24/09 - Asbury Rock - Buenos Aires/Argentina

It's so close to my birthday... but the tickets are not for sale yet ¬¬. It's just a matter of time I guess =/

nooooooooooooo, Why don´t you come to Costa Rica??????????? It´s too much to ask???? Come on!!! it´s really close to Colombia!!!!

Ahh this is depressing (for me), but I'm glad the band managed to include more dates.

Yep, soooooooooo depressing, more dates but we are not a part of the tour:bah::bah::bah::cry::cry::cry::bah::bah:

nooooooooooooo, Why don´t you come to Costa Rica??????????? It´s too much to ask???? Come on!!! it´s really close to Colombia!!!!

Yep, soooooooooo depressing, more dates but we are not a part of the tour:bah::bah::bah::cry::cry::cry::bah::bah:

What are you saying? Borknagar is too underground to come to CR. I wish they'd come here, but the person that brings them would lose a hell lot of money (since no one will go to the gig. Idiots.).

What are you saying? Borknagar is too underground to come to CR. I wish they'd come here, but the person that brings them would lose a hell lot of money (since no one will go to the gig. Idiots.).

Yes, another thing that I hate about my country. Fucking reggaeton.

Hi.

Clueless white USA girl whose never been to Mexico, and doesn't know Spanish beyond 'dos tacos, por favor, gracias' question. However, I've been following the news with the drug killings and the like.

I'm tempted to try to go down to Monterrey for this show, and also to see the Seattle Sounders FC vs Monterrey earlier in the week (I'm also a big football nut). Is it going to be safe? I've travelled around all over the US, and even overseas - but only to Germany and Paris. However, I've wanted to visit Mexico and South America for a squillion years now, and this seems to be one of the perfect opportunities to do that - at least part of Mexico, that is. I don't know how much of the news (which is filtered through USA eyes) is sensationalized, and how much is spot on. I do know that Monterrey is a large city, a lot larger than Seattle is.

So, advice and tips would be welcome! Thanks!

Pretty much, you dont want to walk around at night or walk around any place out of sight. Ive been to Mexico a bunch of times and its ok if you know what NOT to do. Also, dont wear any flashy jewlery.

Message me.

Hi.

Clueless white USA girl whose never been to Mexico, and doesn't know Spanish beyond 'dos tacos, por favor, gracias' question. However, I've been following the news with the drug killings and the like.

I'm tempted to try to go down to Monterrey for this show, and also to see the Seattle Sounders FC vs Monterrey earlier in the week (I'm also a big football nut). Is it going to be safe? I've travelled around all over the US, and even overseas - but only to Germany and Paris. However, I've wanted to visit Mexico and South America for a squillion years now, and this seems to be one of the perfect opportunities to do that - at least part of Mexico, that is. I don't know how much of the news (which is filtered through USA eyes) is sensationalized, and how much is spot on. I do know that Monterrey is a large city, a lot larger than Seattle is.

Not sure if helps, but I know some people from Mexico who will atttend those gigs. If this can be useful in any way, just tell me.

The same goes for anyone who will attend the gig in Chile. I live really close to the venue, so I'll be there anyway. For the ones who don't live in Santiago, I can tell you that the city itself is not really dangerous - as sometimes the news show -, but of course there are some places where you need to be more cautious.

Hi.

I think that it's usually a matter of life and death… sorry, of being in the wrong place at the wrong time hehe.

But I've never been to México, and things have gotten so violent due to the carteles and the US's lack of help and demand for drugs, that I've no idea what to tell you. It's always better to carry something, here in CR it happens that they might kill you for your mobile, but also for not having anything. So always carry some cash and an iPod you'd be willing to give away :p. But of course never stuff like your passport. You lose it and bye-bye México.

I think that it's usually a matter of life and death… sorry, of being in the wrong place at the wrong time hehe.

But I've never been to México, and things have gotten so violent due to the carteles and the US's lack of help and demand for drugs, that I've no idea what to tell you. It's always better to carry something, here in CR it happens that they might kill you for your mobile, but also for not having anything. So always carry some cash and an iPod you'd be willing to give away :p. But of course never stuff like your passport. You lose it and bye-bye México.

Yeah, thanks all for the input. Turns out that it clashes with a trip I want to take to Washington DC, so no Monterrey for me. Plus, it turns out that they got smacked by Hurricane Alex a month or two ago, and I have no idea what their infrastructure is going to be like after that. That plus drug violence and trip timing = no trip down there. Dave also gave good advice.

However, their soccer team, Monterrey FC, is playing in Seattle next Wednesday, so I get to experience a part of the city in my own back yard.

Yeah, thanks all for the input. Turns out that it clashes with a trip I want to take to Washington DC, so no Monterrey for me. Plus, it turns out that they got smacked by Hurricane Alex a month or two ago, and I have no idea what their infrastructure is going to be like after that. That plus drug violence and trip timing = no trip down there. Dave also gave good advice.

However, their soccer team, Monterrey FC, is playing in Seattle next Wednesday, so I get to experience a part of the city in my own back yard.

If I were you, México would be my top priority. Monterrey is also a nice city, so I've heard.

Well, South America it's not an utopia, but neither a world full of evil people with a savage hunger for fresh european/north american brains.
Here in Argentina (at least in Bs As) you have to be aware of the places you go. Just be careful, like any place.

Well, South America it's not an utopia, but neither a world full of evil people with a savage hunger for fresh european/north american brains.
Here in Argentina (at least in Bs As) you have to be aware of the places you go. Just be careful, like any place.

Oh yeah - understood. My concerns were for Mexico specifically, and then Monterrey. No, I'm not convinced that everyone is out to get me. However, there has been crime there and I can't discount that. I wouldn't have the same hesitation visiting Brazil or Argentina, for example. However, my bank account doesn't agree!

And I do want to visit places like Argentina and Costa Rica and Uruguay at some point :) It just may not sync up with the Borkies - and I'm OK with that.

Oh yeah - understood. My concerns were for Mexico specifically, and then Monterrey. No, I'm not convinced that everyone is out to get me. However, there has been crime there and I can't discount that. I wouldn't have the same hesitation visiting Brazil or Argentina, for example. However, my bank account doesn't agree!

And I do want to visit places like Argentina and Costa Rica and Uruguay at some point :) It just may not sync up with the Borkies - and I'm OK with that.

Damn bank accounts, they never agree with you when you need them!

Feel free to drop by any time :) .

borkgnagarenchile.jpg

It looks like a Tool flyer to me.

Haha probably due to the colours, I think they're nice but the guy there… not very Borky to be honest. I thought it was one for DT actually, it seems like a copy of the cover of WDIMA DVD.

Oh, I agree.

Lack of trees, for example. There needs to be more trees on Borknagar posters. Spooky trees!