Wintersun breaks up

I wouldn't be surprised. No record label would support a band that has been as inactive as Wintersun in 8 years.
I think Jari was too ambitious with his compositions by trying to use resources that were out of his budget and requesting so much of Nuclear Blast when his band was not making sufficient revenues for them to provide Wintersun with an adequate advance.

On a finnish newspaper today Kai Hahto told that the new album will be out by the end of summer.

You 'heard'?

Kai said they had a meeting with Nuclear Blast today or so and the album should be out this year :lol:

Wintersun can't really break up, it's Jari... the other guys do their own stuff, Kai is in Swallow the Sun, Jukka in Norther. Why would Jari give up now haha.

because its a waste of.... time :cool:

I-See-What-You-Did-There-Rage-Face-Meme.png

"Death" and "Eternity" are definitely interesting and original terms that haven't already been used a trillion times in metal.

And because Wintersun as a band is completely interesting, original and does not do music that's been done before with much more skill and talent.

well yes, go to wintermadness.net to read the update, will be out late summer then they headline Heidenfest.