wintersun

I have heard a few wintersun songs, and liked them. The singers voice kinda reminds me of the old alexi.

Can anyone recommend me their greatest songs?
I don't know shit about them..

Also try to keep the heat down here, some fo you are way to immature to stay on topic.
Yeah, god bless ya! :kickass:
Wintersun is a fantastic band, they only released one album but I guess that their career, which is just started, is gonna be great.
And as for me, some of my fav songs by them are "Death And The Healing" and "Starchild".... wowzy!!!

Oh, and a thing:
The singers voice kinda reminds me of the old alexi.
Hmm... I personally think Alexi's voice was kinda different to Jari Mäenpää's voice... but well, opinions are opinions so it's all ok... and Jari is almost a ''god'' to me. :)

I might get flamed for that,but I think Alexi's vocals are better than Jari's.I can't say a ''quality'' reason,but Jari's voice is usually boring for me,whereas Alexi's,even though I know is everything but great,keeps me entretained.When it comes to guitar playing Jari is IMO a bit better though.But both rock hard and both Wintersun and COB are great bands an make great music.

I think Time is gonna be a mindblowing album,but I'm also afraid that Jari makes it so dense and deep that it gets boring to listen.I mean:you'd listen to it one time,and you'd say ''Wow,that's godlike'',but you wouldn't be able to listen to the album two times in a row.I hope I end up being wrong,but thats how I feel about it now.

About Blooddrunk I have less doubts.The band has said it's thrashier and a bit more proggry,the riffs shown in COBTV are good IMO and after the listening session opinions were good,so I'll just wait and see.:kickass:

Now, a response about Wintersun/COB of what I posted would be welcome.

Jari's vocals are far better and more technically proficient than Alexi's, he is 10 times the guitarist Alexi is and Wintersun's music is compositionally more elaborate than CoBs.

Jari's vocals are far better and more technically proficient than Alexi's, he is 10 times the guitarist Alexi is and Wintersun's music is compositionally more elaborate than CoBs.

Is he really better than Alexi? I though Alexi was good.. oh well. :Smug:
But, Jari said that Wintersuns other guitarist is even more skilled than Jari, well that's not maybe true.

What about Roope is he g000d? :err:

Is he really better than Alexi? I though Alexi was good.. oh well. :Smug:
But, Jari said that Wintersuns other guitarist is even more skilled than Jari, well that's not maybe true.

What about Roope is he g000d? :err:

Well Jari would say that. Teemu isn't a bad guitar player but he's not great either, I wouldn't say he's better then Jari, check out Imperanon. I also heard his live performances are ass.

Jari is better than Alexi but not that extremely better, at least in guitar playing. Vocal-wise yes, but I didn't say Alexi is better, I said Jari is boring for me (singing,not playin, playing can't be boring in anyway,he's too much creative and has enough abilities not to be repetitive). Alexi doesn't play anything extremely hard in COB, because he has always said that he doesn't compose his solos to astound people, he wants to compose things people (not only musicians/players, but everyone) can apreciate and like (his dream he has said that would be people singing along the melody of Bodom solos). But he has the ability. He has proved it in Sinergy and in solos like the one in Hate Crew Deathroll. I don't think Jari is a lot over Alexi.He's a bit better, but not much. And I don't think he is much better than Roope, too.

Jari is better than Alexi but not that extremely better, at least in guitar playing. Vocal-wise yes, but I didn't say Alexi is better, I said Jari is boring for me (singing,not playin, playing can't be boring in anyway,he's too much creative and has enough abilities not to be repetitive). Alexi doesn't play anything extremely hard in COB, because he has always said that he doesn't compose his solos to astound people, he wants to compose things people (not only musicians/players, but everyone) can apreciate and like (his dream he has said that would be people singing along the melody of Bodom solos). But he has the ability. He has proved it in Sinergy and in solos like the one in Hate Crew Deathroll. I don't think Jari is a lot over Alexi.He's a bit better, but not much. And I don't think he is much better than Roope, too.

I lol'd

Last edited by a moderator:

Who gives a flying fuck motherfucker? YAOW YAOW!

I already know that Jari is bit better than Alexi, but not as much as you said(once again playing wise, not in vocals, even though I get bored with them, Jari's are way better than Alexi's). IMO Alexi would be able to play what you posted. Wintersun has more difficult passages, like the endless solo in Winter Maddness: because of the technique and because of the length (full played is over a minute non-stop).

Jari writes much better lyrics than Alexi, they are fuckin' epic!
Alexi's lyrics sounds more like a teenager who's pissed at his parents. "I don't give a flying fuck, motherfucker" :lol: