Without Face for 04

Jonoleth

Sep 3, 2003
Leeds, UK
yes, the name is remarkably bad, in my opinion, so bad that it goes full circle and becomes immense, but this band has to play for BS 04, i cant really describe them apart from theyre kind of a healthy mix of operatic, doomish, deathy, heavy metal and very proggy at that... a band that all should check out... i expect most of you will be familiar with them so join me in my campaign to bring them over for 04, even if they only got an early slot like mercury rain did... come on, you know you want them...

i hadnt heard they had a new singer... but then maybe that was since i discovered them.... theyre based in hungary as far as i know but then again maybe your right, if theyre based here then all the better cos theyll be cheaper although something tells me youre mis-informed there....

Jonoleth said:
i hadnt heard they had a new singer... but then maybe that was since i discovered them.... theyre based in hungary as far as i know but then again maybe your right, if theyre based here then all the better cos theyll be cheaper although something tells me youre mis-informed there....
Well the whole band (encouraged by Lee at Elitist Records - who also have a msgboard here at UM) brought them over, got em some good tours then the band split. Julie and the guitar player went back to Hungary to form a new band. Haven't heard what the remains of WF are doing since.... but frankly if there is going to be a female fronted band featured at Bloodstock, Within Temptation, After Forever or Epica would be far, far better choices :)

From the Elitist newsletter:

"The Hungarian prog-metallers have announced the two new
members of the band to replace the recently departed Juliette Kiss
(vocals) and Roomy (Guitars).

Dina is the new female vocalist, a 21-year-old Hungarian. Without Face will be her first band, but she has many years of singing
experience outside of the metal scene.

Zsolt is the new guitar player. He's an experienced 6-stringer in
the vein of Malmsteen, etc. He's already established within the
Hungarian metal scene, but Without Face is the first signed band
he's been involved with.

The band is hard at work writing new material to follow up the
acclaimed "Astronomicon" album, and hopes to be able to start
recording again in the spring of 2004."

I did everything but encourage them to come to the UK. Everything negative I thought would happen did. The band ran out of money, couldn't find jobs as only Julie spoke English and the eventual stress of the whole situation caused two members to leave the band.

Two of the guys are still in Nottingham (the male singer and the keyboard player), and the rest are in Hungary rehearsing and writing the new stuff.

Julie lives here in London with me and is working on material for a new project called "To-Mera".

Roomy is supposedly forming a band with more death metal leanings.

Lee