Wizard coming to the US (Chicago)!!! Ragnarokkr Fest 2012

It wasn't directed at anyone, just a general statement. I have been quite lucky that I have never had to make the dicison and frankly don't think I would ever be one with a woman who would cause me to have to pass on things.
But hey I'm also licky enough to be with a chick who sports a Grim Reaper - See You in Hell backpatch and loves Angel Witch so don't think I would ever have to miss a metal show with this one.
Well of to Ragnarokkr now, going to be a long trip.

I know it wasn't, and that's why I clarified that I know you werent directing the comment to me. I have never dated or been with a girl who was into the type of music I was. Always seemed even way back to Jr High, any girl who was into punk or metal was into it for the wrong reasons. I guess to me, my music was always "my" thing. I have heard from other guys that they have a better time at shows when their wife / GF isn't around, because even if they go or say they want to, they really don't.

My wife always makes the best statement: "I don't have to go to shows anymore now that we are married" I always tell her she never HAD to before. I appreciate that she made the effort back when we are dating, but I know she never cared for it, so never really expect to. On rare occasion she will go to a bigger show or one of my shows, but that's about it.

That's pretty cool you found a Grim Reaper / Angel Witch fan!!! I would say any girl or any guy for that matter into those two bands aren't into it for popularity points with the mainstream crowd :)

I know it wasn't, and that's why I clarified that I know you werent directing the comment to me. I have never dated or been with a girl who was into the type of music I was. Always seemed even way back to Jr High, any girl who was into punk or metal was into it for the wrong reasons. I guess to me, my music was always "my" thing. I have heard from other guys that they have a better time at shows when their wife / GF isn't around, because even if they go or say they want to, they really don't.

My wife always makes the best statement: "I don't have to go to shows anymore now that we are married" I always tell her she never HAD to before. I appreciate that she made the effort back when we are dating, but I know she never cared for it, so never really expect to. On rare occasion she will go to a bigger show or one of my shows, but that's about it.

Same here. I've never been with someone with similar music tastes, and I tend to like it that way. It means I can do whatever I want when I'm at a show.

I've never understood people who say they couldn't ever be with someone who doesn't have the same taste in music. Different strokes for different folks I guess...

This fest was GREAT! I have serious doubts as to if they will continue to do the fest though, as I've talked to the guys and it was quite an expensive festival and (In my opinion) there's no way that the attendance could've covered their expenses. Voltax from Mexico did quite well. They made a fan out of me. I loved their high intensity and the old school heavy metal sound. Virgin Steele was the band I was most excited about. I'd say I've never been so excited to see a band and so utterly let down by their performance. I feel like David purposefully sabotaged the set with his effects pedal. I actually left after about an hour of watching that horrid set. On a brighter note, the guys in Wizard have to be the coolest dudes I've ever met. They were also the best band on the whole fest and it's a DAMNED SHAME that so many people cut out after Brocas Helm. I just feel like Wizard deserved a lot better... But cheers to Odin and Thor.

This fest was GREAT! I have serious doubts as to if they will continue to do the fest though, as I've talked to the guys and it was quite an expensive festival and (In my opinion) there's no way that the attendance could've covered their expenses. Voltax from Mexico did quite well. They made a fan out of me. I loved their high intensity and the old school heavy metal sound. Virgin Steele was the band I was most excited about. I'd say I've never been so excited to see a band and so utterly let down by their performance. I feel like David purposefully sabotaged the set with his effects pedal. I actually left after about an hour of watching that horrid set. On a brighter note, the guys in Wizard have to be the coolest dudes I've ever met. They were also the best band on the whole fest and it's a DAMNED SHAME that so many people cut out after Brocas Helm. I just feel like Wizard deserved a lot better... But cheers to Odin and Thor.

the fest will continue....dont worry. It was a great weekend. The sound issue was fixed on saturday by Wizard actually. They were all over the sound guy before the show. Mojoes sucks for shows since you cant drink on the main floor so everyone who is drinking is all up in the balcony so bands get screwed by no one on the main floor.

Every band played great, sound issues aside. The two best for me was Skull Fist and Voltax. It will be hard to top those bands performances.

I had a great time there. The bands all played their hearts out, and it was cool to meet a lot of forum regulars. I think Skull Fist totally stole the show on Saturday, and for me the highlight of Friday was Borrowed Time.

This fest was GREAT! I have serious doubts as to if they will continue to do the fest though, as I've talked to the guys and it was quite an expensive festival and (In my opinion) there's no way that the attendance could've covered their expenses.

They've already posted to their facebook account that it's unlikely there will be another installment next year.

Yeah as much as we all appreciate their efforts, they gotta keep expenses DOWN!!!!!

I think though they made a good name for themselves as everyone who went had a blast.
I like their potential idea of opening it to sponsorship.
I bet they could raise a couple grand through that easily.

Sounds like they had some issues with MoJoes which is a shame.
I have personal experience having played there.

I will leave it at this. They are good people there, but don't give a damn about "supporting a great metal fest"
It's all business down to the core.
Sounds like they may have gone against their word on some things.
Not sure if Mike and Chris had any documentation of their agreements.

Anyhow, still a bummer either way.

It was great to meet folks like Justin, Jeremy (J Golden), etc......

I'd have to disagree with Virgin Steele. The sound sucked like it did for Pharaoh that's why it might have been hard but their performance was good.