Wizard coming to the US (Chicago)!!! Ragnarokkr Fest 2012

Nope....
Can't make Friday. Wife already had plans.
More bands I want to see on Sat anyhow, so works well for me.
Definitely would be there if I could regardless of who was playing.

Nope....
Can't make Friday. Wife already had plans.
More bands I want to see on Sat anyhow, so works well for me.
Definitely would be there if I could regardless of who was playing.

Metal > Wife's plans

Unless she's giving birth, and even then you could probably still catch a band or two.

I can say this with authority...because my wife will never read this. :lol:

I am actually still on the fence about this. I'd leave from work next Friday and be at the venue probably by the time Borrowed Time are getting on stage. would be trying to do it on a budget, though, considering my trip to MDF is the following week...but there are some fucking ESSENTIAL bands on this fest (VS, Pharaoh, and Brocas Helm are at the top). Can anyone local offer a couch to crash on for a couple nights? I'd buy you some beer or some dinner in exchange. PM me!

Metal > Wife's plans

Unless she's giving birth, and even then you could probably still catch a band or two.

I can say this with authority...because my wife will never read this. :lol:

I seem to remember talks about hoping Conner wopuld not hatch during a Progpower trip or around that time. No, no, you told me you planned it out so it would not interfere.
I would NEVER deal with a woman keeping me from going to a show. I passed up one show in my life for a chick and have regreted it ever since, just so happened it was one of the metal tour ever on these shores too.
I met a guy at Dragon Con. who was getting married on the day Helloween and gammaray were playing Atlanta. He said Gammaray was his favorite band ever and he had never seen them and would not be able to now. I personally think he should have pushed back the wedding; hell odds are more in favor of them getting a divorce than seeing Gammaray again. And if the woman would keep you from something that meant that much then, well...

Sorry bro, but my wife isn't just "a woman" to me..........

See, I was thinking the same thing as you now.

My wife is great about the shows, she doesn't mind that I go at all, even ProgPower. For someone who's been going to shows month after month for the past decade and a half, missing a few because either she has other plans or needs me home isn't really a big deal.

I'm passing on my most looked-forward to show of the Summer because it happens to fall on the same evening on the afternoon she goes back to work from her maternity leave. While originally it crushed me, it's a sacrifice that is worth making imo.

So anyone catching Voyager that Tuesday in NYC, have a drink for me. :)

See, I was thinking the same thing as you now.

My wife is great about the shows, she doesn't mind that I go at all, even ProgPower. For someone who's been going to shows month after month for the past decade and a half, missing a few because either she has other plans or needs me home isn't really a big deal.

I'm passing on my most looked-forward to show of the Summer because it happens to fall on the same evening on the afternoon she goes back to work from her maternity leave. While originally it crushed me, it's a sacrifice that is worth making imo.

So anyone catching Voyager that Tuesday in NYC, have a drink for me. :)

exactly. You cant make every show. Even a wild and crazy single guy like myself, hard to beleive, cant make every show I want to. Just the basics like having a job and other interest also influence this as well.

Also, if anyone is still curious about checking out the Ragnarokkr Fest....come on up. It will be a fun weekend. Check the Ultimate Metal message board for updates and stuff. I should be adding live updates maybe....depending on the situation.

exactly. You cant make every show. Even a wild and crazy single guy like myself, hard to beleive, cant make every show I want to. Just the basics like having a job and other interest also influence this as well.

Damn right.

Also, if anyone is still curious about checking out the Ragnarokkr Fest....come on up. It will be a fun weekend. Check the Ultimate Metal message board for updates and stuff. I should be adding live updates maybe....depending on the situation.

If it wasn't all the way up there, I'd come up for sure. I'm keeping my eyes out on it, as I'm very curious about how it'll turn out.

Yeah, I know Jeremy wasn't directing his comment at me or anything.
I just have heard it from other people though.
The whole, "Oh man, I would never stay with a woman who prevented me from doing what I want"
Well, the reality is my wife is amazing.
When I have my own band rehearsals or a show, who is at home with our children? My wife.
If I go out to a show, who is at home with the children? My wife.

I certainly will concede going to a show if she has plans, because I probably go out and leave her alone with the kids a HELL of a lot more than she goes out. And that doesn't even count the days she is home alone watching the kids during the day.

Yeah, I know Jeremy wasn't directing his comment at me or anything.
I just have heard it from other people though.
The whole, "Oh man, I would never stay with a woman who prevented me from doing what I want"
Well, the reality is my wife is amazing.
When I have my own band rehearsals or a show, who is at home with our children? My wife.
If I go out to a show, who is at home with the children? My wife.

I certainly will concede going to a show if she has plans, because I probably go out and leave her alone with the kids a HELL of a lot more than she goes out. And that doesn't even count the days she is home alone watching the kids during the day.

Jason's wife is great. Whenever I am allowed over she always offers a glass of tap water and a place to stand.

It wasn't directed at anyone, just a general statement. I have been quite lucky that I have never had to make the dicison and frankly don't think I would ever be one with a woman who would cause me to have to pass on things.
But hey I'm also licky enough to be with a chick who sports a Grim Reaper - See You in Hell backpatch and loves Angel Witch so don't think I would ever have to miss a metal show with this one.
Well of to Ragnarokkr now, going to be a long trip.