WOLF Confirm Release Date of "The Black Flame"

poundingmetal74 said:
Somebody hook me up with this. (Send me a note on PM) and we'll arrange for a trade. I've got over 1500 albums so I'm sure I'll have something you want :kickass:

You need to just catch one of us on Soulseek. We have a chat room we hook up in.

I haven't found this to be too entertaining yet. The vox bother me a bit and are getting in the way for me. A few more listens are in order -- maybe I'll warm up to it.

Wheezer said:
I haven't found this to be too entertaining yet. The vox bother me a bit and are getting in the way for me. A few more listens are in order -- maybe I'll warm up to it.

I understand the vocals thing. It has to be an acquired taste, happened the same to me with Grim Reaper and just recently I got into them.

Same goes for Hirax, Motorhead, old Helloween (which I like), Accept, Mercyful Fate/King Diamond, Nevermore (which I don't like).

Wheezer said:
Really? I love the vox! That might be because they remind me so much of one of my fave obscure metal bands of the 80s, Witchcross. My friends and I always wished they would make another album. Well, Wolf might as well be the modern-day Witchcross because the similarities are uncanny.

Wyvern said:
I understand the vocals thing. It has to be an acquired taste, happened the same to me with Grim Reaper and just recently I got into them.

Same goes for Hirax, Motorhead, old Helloween (which I like), Accept, Mercyful Fate/King Diamond, Nevermore (which I don't like).

It did take me a while with Dane and Nevermore but once I did, I was a big fan. It also taught me to go at bands a few times when they don't click right off. See? It is possible to teach an old dog new tricks. :)

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Really? I love the vox! That might be because they remind me so much of one of my fave obscure metal bands of the 80s, Witchcross. My friends and I always wished they would make another album. Well, Wolf might as well be the modern-day Witchcross because the similarities are uncanny.

Yes, really! :lol: We did pick up some Q-tips at the store yesterday so maybe I just need to use a couple and give it another go. :saint:

Finally Found the Damn Thing. Very good album. Although I liked their last 3 albums better this is very good. A more mature sound for the band and a slightly better production.

Seems kind of a waste though since it comes out in 2 weeks anyways.

It has to be their best album yet for me. It's still in heavy rotation, up against some really strong late summer releases (JOP and Maiden). The songwriting has definitely matured and some of the hooks and melodies are fantastic. I still think Wolf has their best album yet in them, to be written and released at a future date. But The Black Flame plays nicely for right now.