Women in Uniform (for Hyde)

rabies

Proud IMG Guitarist!
Apr 16, 2001
Maryland USA
Visit site
...I was listening to ALL the IMG tracks last night...and this number came on. The mix on this one is very bright...which I absolutely love. You need to share your mixing tips Hyde! You guys did a very good job on this one...even capturing that early fuzzy tone. I may have to go buy a mike and lay down a vocal track for you on this! ;)

..oh..it WONT be nice to hear it with MY vocals...maybe we should just leave it as a karaoke. ;)

..anyway, any tips on getting the mix bright..let me know. Perhaps its the reverb and settings you use...I dunno. It all just sounds so 'in your face' and clear. All the programs I use muddy everything up. Pisses me off.

Originally posted by rabies
..oh..it WONT be nice to hear it with MY vocals...maybe we should just leave it as a karaoke. ;):lol:

I've thought about singing on it myself a few times, but like you, it won't be nice to hear!!:lol:

I didn't do anything production wise to make it sound bright. I didn't use a lot of eq or effects. I don't have a compression plug-in so the mix isn't compressed. I think compression effects really
can muddy up a mix if you have to use them to correct a track with a lot of peaks. I recorded all of my parts going through my
outboard compressor, so the individual tracks were compressed as I recorded, and that might have helped to keep it bright.