WOODS OF YPRES are THE cover of the new Unrestrained Magazine!

David Gold

Son of the Darkest Blues
Feb 20, 2004
No hometown, Ontario.
www.woodsofypres.ca
unrestrained37coverweb.jpg

According to the guys behind the magazine, WOODS OF YPRES are officially the first 'indie' band to ever grace the cover of Unrestrained in it's 11 year history. Inside you will find a 5 page feature interview about the history of Woods from 2002-2007 as well as an in depth focus on our latest album, "Woods 3". Needless to say, we are thankful, humbled and honored to have been given this much attention.

- The issue hits the streets April 20th, 2008.

* Also in this issue: TESTAMENT, MESHUGGAH, DISMEMBER, DEATH ANGEL, WARREL DANE, FARSOT, CAVALAERA CONSPIRACY, NADJA, PAGAN'S MIND, BORIS, ROTTEN SOUND, SOILENT GREEN, KEVI-METAL'S RIMSHOTS and more...

* Available across North America (and parts of Europe) at Barnes & Noble, Chapters, Borders, International Newspapers, Ma & Pa shops, and more...

* To order the magazine, go here: http://www.unrestrainedmag.com/

On a personal note from me, as I had briefly mentioned to the editors of the magazine, I vividly remember buying an issue of U! with a 'Whisper Supremacy' era CRYPTOPSY on the cover, winter 2001, pre-Woods, thinking to myself "I'd like to be in this magazine someday".

Thanks to the guys at U! Many thanks and much respect!

DG - \w/

:kickass:

Unrestrained is right, Dave is ready to kick some ass, I've never even seen this magazine here before though. Good job though, Woods has been getting some serious coverage since the third album.

Totally gotta get this. I sure hope they have it at Chapters, I don't think I've ever seen it there. Maybe I can have them order it in for me or something

Man, I'd go the subscription route-- $19 for US/Canada for 4 issues, and the mag is usually pretty top notch.

Barring postal inanity, the issue featuring Woods of Ypres on the cover should hit newstands on April 29th. It is a 112 page behemoth, with a 9,000 word feature article on Woods of Ypres, as well as a review of the new album.

Fans of WoY should really dig the article, I hope. David was a very giving interviewee, and the result is an article that links up the art with the artist in a very explicit and interesting way.

Check http://www.unrestrainedmag.com/ for more info about subscriptions and all that cool stuff. We're very proud of this issue in general, and especially pleased that WoY graces the cover and has offered us such an involved and revealing interview.

Wow, great issue of U!-- of course the featured Woods article is excellent and in-depth, and the rest of the mag is on par with how it's been going over the last couple years-- diverse as always with "bigger" names like Testament, Warrel Dane, Death Angel, Meshuggah, Dismembered, and other great stuff like Sculptured, Brown Jenkins, Isole, Hour of 13, and tons more.

My next door neighbor also subscribes to U! and his typically arrives a day before mine for some reason-- he was kind enough to throw his issue my way first today when it arrived...

Oh yeah, also a Gates of Winter article as well in there...