Woods of Ypres is 5 Years Old.

David Gold

Son of the Darkest Blues
Feb 20, 2004
No hometown, Ontario.
www.woodsofypres.ca
If my memory is correct, the idea for Woods of Ypres was first officially started on April 29th, 2002. That now makes WoY 5 years old!!! And what a first 5 years it has been! :puke: :lol:

'Woods 3' is now 100% written, and 95% recorded. While Dan Hulse and I are busy working out the details on the weekends, the inspiration for 'Woods 4' is already burning within as the sun blazes through my front window during this nice spring weather we're having. I have demo riffs recorded, a notebook that is quickly filling up which is dedicated to writing and collecting song titles, lyrical and conceptual themes. The band has also been notified to 'get ready' for when the next phase begins. I am sure that the transition from completing Woods 3 and officially starting to focus on Woods 4 will be a quick and drunk one, and that's the only way I like it!

Here's to the next 5 years of Woods of Ypres! May we see more new music and more shows happen in much less time. All the best is yet to come! Mark my words, the necessity of this path and all it's turns...

Happy Birthday Woods of Ypres!

DG & the Woods... - \w/

+ I know more than a few of you have been "Pursuing the Sun" this season. If you haven't already, it's time to pull that CD (or CDr) out and revisit it!

Congratulations, sorry I'm a little late on it :)

I hope Woods 4 will be something revolutionary, and I hope to hear more fantastic material from the Woods crew.

RIPDime05 - So when is official release date of Woods 3?

We don't exactly know yet. The recording is 95% done, getting closer each week. Basically, we'll release it as soon as it's ready. Trust me to keep you posted. Dan and I are working hard on getting it done and ensuring it will meet or exceed your expectations. :kickass: :)

^ Sweeeeeeet.

This is gonna be an exciting couple of years for WoY, and Ontario metal in general (IMO). Awesome stuff. I was actually out pursuing the sun just the other day, both musically and literally :p I'll post my "findings" (AKA pictures) in another thread.