Worcester MA review

tomass74

Apr 4, 2005
It has been a long time since I have seen Anthrax and it was worth the wait. I have been waiting to see this line up for a long time. The last time I saw the band was the SOWN tour back at the Warfield in San Francisco. I also saw them headline teh Clash of teh titans tour. I never really got into the Bush era so they kind of fell off my radar for awhile.. I almost saw them with Bush again but they got dropped from the Megadeth/Crue tour. Then they came this way as an opening band during the Reunion tour and were only playing like 7 songs. There was a Red Sox/Yankees playoff game that night so I decided to hold out for a headling show that almost never happened.

I made it into the venue a few songs into Testament's set. I have some of their stuff, have seen them a couple times and like some of their music. But alot of it just blends together to me.. By the time I got a beer and got situated they were probably half way done and had already played most of the songs I knew. The sound was a bit muffled but they were still good. The only songs I recognized at that point were Into the Pit and Deciples of the Watch. They were good but the majority was there for Anthrax and they definately didn't blow anyone off the stage..

Got more beer and pissed and was ready for Anthrax!

Earth on Hell - Definately a fitting opener to promote the new album. It was loud, furious and woke everyone the fuck up.

Fight 'Em Till You Can't -This song is just the fucking balls. Fits in with all the classics and people seemed to like it.

Caught in a Mosh - Finally a song that everyone knew and the place erupted..

Antisocial - - Say what you want but this one got the biggest reaction out of the crowd up to this point.. I still don't understand the hate on this board. It may be a cover but the riff is just one of Anthrax best. People were singing and pumping their fists the whole time.

I'm Alive - Do not like this song, perfect time for a drink and a piss

The Devil You Know - I like the song. I was rocking out. I do not particularly remember the reception it got.

Indians - - Just fucking insane. I don't know if it is a gimmick but right after they started the Wardance Scott stopped it, and said it wasn't good enough. The started it right back up and the pit was fucking crazy.. Biggest circle pit of the night hands down.

In the End - Not just pulling an "I told you so" here but this song dragged and people looked bored for the first time.

Got the Time - Again, people on here can say what you want but the crowd went nuts for this song. I distinctly remember it getting one of if not the loudest reaction of the night up to that point. The band must notice that shit too.

Efilnikufesin (N.F.L.) - YES THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! What the fuck is an Anthrax show without NFL??

Among the Living - kicked ass

Madhouse - Right before this song I looked at my cousin and said "I don't think they are gonna play Madhouse tonight." I was a bit bummed but the show was kicking ass. As soon as I finished saying that the opening notes started and I resumed going nuts.

Metal Thrashing Mad - Always thought of this as a semi 80's cheese metal song with awful lyrics.. But it was great live.

I'm the Man partial jam - I was pretty wasted by this point but remeber being surprised. Always fun.

Refuse/Resist - I love the song and it was pretty cool. I think I would have just rathered them play the rest of I'm the Man though

I Am The Law - The predictable closer.. I hate predictable closers but it was rockin none the less..

That was it, show over.. It was a bit short and people definately were not running for the exits. We wanted more. Kick ass show from a kick ass band. This line up is awesome. They owned the night and the crowd was definately there for them. I did have two regrets. There was a cute blonde that I was rocking out with and talked to a bit throughout the show. She was with some big Anti-social dude that just stood there looking forward like statue. I assumed it was her bf.. I should have given her my number anyway.. It could have been her brother or something lol.. So if you out there...... She was only 25 but knew all the music. The other thing that sucked was that I couldn't get in the pit. I am 37 and just had back surgery this year and an epidual just last week. It was killing me not to be part of the Wardance but I just can't to it anymore. Fucking sucks as I am always good for a few songs in the PIT.

Well everyone, it was a great show. Thanks Anthrax, looking forward to the next one.. Peace

Great review thanks! Am I the only one who absolutely loves I'm Alive? That's my fav song on the new album!

It's an alright song I suppose. Catchy almost pop chorus. Thats kinds of the theme on the new album. Some heavy riffs then break down to a catchy almost pop sounding chorus. I like I'm Alive more than The Devil You Know. The Chorus on that song makes me ill.

The problem with "I'm Alive" and "In The End" is that if you play them both that's when things are going to start to drag. There's something too similar about them in mood that doesn't need to be overstated.

The problem with "I'm Alive" and "In The End" is that if you play them both that's when things are going to start to drag. There's something too similar about them in mood that doesn't need to be overstated.

Yep - agreed. I know what you mean. I like both a lot, but would prefer they only play one of them live - and would choose In The End every time. Would like to see them pull I'm Alive out of the live set and go with Keep it in the Family or In My World.

Yep - agreed. I know what you mean. I like both a lot, but would prefer they only play one of them live - and would choose In The End every time. Would like to see them pull I'm Alive out of the live set and go with Keep it in the Family or In My World.

yes its a bit too much,im alive is growing on me but it wouldnt go over to well for the first time listener at a concert,and yes in my world is an outstanding live song and should be there permanent.