Worcester Palladium 5/1 New England Metalfest

bloody_trooper

SOMETHING WILD
Jan 20, 2004
www.hostultra.com
roll call, who all is seeing bodom may first? i wonder if the show will be any different than the rest of the tour because its a festival. maybe they'll play a different set or even have more time to play? anyways im wickid psyched for the metalfest \m/

:headbang:
im thinking the only real difference will be they may roam around and check out some of the other bands. but i cant fuckin wait

I am going. Unfortunately, there most likely won't be any difference at all. They are playing second to last, so if there is a difference, it will be some of their songs being cut. Last year, I saw Opeth headline the first night. Their usual set for the tour they were on was:

The Leper Affinity
Advent
Deliverance
The Drapery Falls
Credence
Bleak
Godhead's Lament
A Fair Judgement
Demon Of The Fall

The metal fest is so screwed up in terms of schedule, that they didn't get on until around midnight, so they had to cut Credence and Bleak, which sucked for me cause it was the first time I had ever seen them live, and since then they have stopped playing those two songs. Oh well.

damn kid....took ya long enough. i bought mine in like march from strawberrys. i wanted to make sure it wasnt gonna sell out. but its only 3 days away \m/

fung wah bus from NYC to Boston. Peter pan bus from boston to worcester union station. then its like a 2 min walk down the street.

but youd have to leave like friday morning and get a hotel

I'm SERIOUSLY looking forward to Saturday! COB is playing at 10:00 I believe and they have a 45 min. set. Certainly not playing as LONG as I would prefer, but they will RULE none the less. :headbang:

You guys are soo lucky! I wish I could go.. Give us a full report when you get back!! Here is some more info about the festival:

As previously reported, the New England Metal And Hardcore Festival 2004 will take place April 30th and May 1st at The Palladium in Worcester, MA.

Organizers have confirmed the set times for the festival which are:

Friday (April 30th): MORTAL TREASON (2:30 - 2:50), CREMATORIUM (3:00 - 3:20), A PERFECT MURDER (3:30 - 3:50), BYZANTINE (4:00 - 4:20), FOUND DEAD HANGING (4:30 - 4:50), BURNT BY THE SUN (5:00 - 5:20), NORA (5:30 - 5:50), BLACK DAHLIA MURDER (6:00 - 6:20), SOILENT GREEN (6:30 - 6:50), ALL THAT REMAINS (7:00 - 7:20), THE RED CHORD (7:30 - 7:50), AS I LAY DYING (8:00 - 8:30), EVERY TIME I DIE (8:45 - 9:15), GOD FORBID (9:30 - 10:00), MACHINE HEAD (10:15 - 11:00), ARCH ENEMY (11:15 - 12:00), KILLSWITCH ENGAGE (12:30 - 1:30).

Friday (Second Stage): REFLUX (2:40 - 3:00), ED GEIN (3:10 - 3:30), FROM A SECOND STORY WINDOW (3:40 - 4:00), A JUDAS CRADLE (4:10 - 4:30), ENFORSAKEN (4:40 - 5:00), WITH HONOR (5:10 - 5:30), CATTLE DECAPITATION (5:40 - 6:00), FULL BLOWN CHAOS (6:10 - 6:30), MOST PRECIOUS BLOOD (6:40 - 7:10).

Saturday (May 1st): WHAT WEAPNS BRING WAR (12:10 - 12:30), GLASS CASKET (12:40 - 1:00), SINCE THE FLOOD (1:10 - 1:30), MISERY SIGNALS (1:40 - 2:00), MARTYR A.D. (2:10 - 2:30), CANNAE (2:40 - 3:00), EVERGREEN TERRACE (3:10 - 3:30), MISERY INDEX (3:40 - 4:00), BURY YOUR DEAD (4:10 - 4:30), KATAKLYSM (4:40 - 5:00), SPEEDKILLHATE (5:10 - 5:30), EVERYGREY (5:40 - 6:00), WALLS OF JERICHO (6:10 - 6:30), BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME (6:40 - 7:00), DIECAST (7:10 - 7:40), THROWDOWN (7:55 - 8:25), ZAO (8:40 - 9:10), BLEEDING THROUGH (9:25 - 9:55), CHILDREN OF BODOM (10:15 - 11:00), ICED EARTH (11:30 - 1:30).

Saturday (Second Stage): THE AUTUMN OFFERING (12:00 - 12:20), THROUGH THE DISCIPLINE (12:30 - 12:50), LOVE IS RED (1:00 - 1:20), TO THE GRAVE (1:30 - 1:50), TWELVE TRIBES (2:00 - 2:20), EMBRACE TODAY (2:30 - 2:50), SCARLETT (3:00 - 3:20), BLOOD HAS BEEN SHED (3:30 - 3:50), SCAR CULTURE (4:00 - 4:20), 100 DEMONS (4:30 - 4:50), THE COMEBACK KID (5:00 - 5:20), TERROR (5:30 - 5:50), PIG DESTROYER (6:00 - 6:20).

Friday individual day tickets are $30. Saturday individual day tickets are $35. Two-day passes are $60, available at all Strawberries Record Stores, online at tickets.com, or by calling tickets.com at (800) 477-6849.

The show will once again take place on the two stages in the Palladium. This year there will once again be a film crew recording every second of action on the stage and behind the scenes for a live DVD. Record labels, vendors, and record distributors will set up shop in the balcony of the upstairs room.

the tickets are 35 for saturday, plus $7 service charge, and another couple bucks for shipping online..

I'll be there saturday, with a few friends, maybe 2 wearing bodom shirts

seriously....i dont really know any of the other bands playing on saturday (other than evergrey and IE) if anyone knows much about them if they could give me suggestions on who to see and who not to waste time on thatd be great

TONIGHTS THE NIGHT BIATCHESSS!!!!! \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/

great show, although the power went out and the building was evacuated for a few hours. bodom played well, despite an incompetent sound guy who made the vocals and guitars way too quiet. iced earth stole the show, though. the only problem was the fucking hardcore ninja wannabes. they can't let the metalheads have one or two bands without their fucking idiocy...
I'm still tired... i'll post a story later.

steve - i agree, bigtime.... fuckin harcore assholes in the pit dancing around like ninjas. us metalheads ought to destroy those bastards.

anyways, my opinion on bodom's show - i'd say they played really well, even thought their set was a little shorter than what they had planned on. songs they played...

Hate Me
Silent Night Bodom Night
Sixpounder
Needled 24/7
Everytime I Die
Hatecrew Deathroll
Downfall

I watched them from right in/around the pit where there was an absolute war going on between the hardcore fellas and the metalheads. I found the mixing and sound quality to be good despite what some other people thought. It was sure as hell better than the last show they did in December on the Dimmu tour. The crowd was definatly into it, with bodom chants during the preceding bands, Zao and Bleeding Through. They put on a great show I must say despite all the shit they had to deal with that day.

Bodom's tourbus broke down in Connecticut the morning of the show, so Everygrey pulled an honerable move in allowing Bodom to take their bus and sacrifice playing the show to allow Bodom to play.

As far as the rest of the festival, pretty much every single other band sucked besides CoB and Iced Earth. Iced Earth definatly stole the show at the end. By the time Iced Earth began their set, tons of people had left (mostly the hardcore fans) leaving everyone with a little extra space. The pit for Iced Earth was great considering the lack of hardcore dancers and ninjas.